What do you think of Emery?

My favorite girl name has long been [name]Emma[/name] but I’m concerned about its overpopularity. Then I thought of [name]Emery[/name]. I don’t usually like unisex names but it’s a family name on DH’s side (and his Dad’s middle name) and it has a similar sound to [name]Emma[/name]. Although sometimes I wonder if it sounds like a mispronounced [name]Emily[/name].

Speaking of which, how would you pronounce it? [name]Emry[/name]? [name]Em[/name]-OR-y?

I like it - but I like it most on a boy pronounced em-OR-y … like the university.

I like it! If it’s spelled [name]Emery[/name], I tend to say [name]Em[/name]-ry. If its spelled [name]Emory[/name], I might be more inclined to sound the whole thing out.

I love it. We just named our baby girl [name]Emery[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. We pronounce it [name]Em[/name]-ry. We sometimes call her [name]Emmy[/name] as a nn. [name]Emma[/name] is very popular here too and we wanted something not as common.

I love [name]Emery[/name]! I usually am not a huge fan of unisex names but I actually prefer [name]Emery[/name] to [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name].
And I agree with @sunshine.10 -if it’s [name]Emery[/name], I say it with two syllables, if it’s [name]Emory[/name], I say it with three.
I like the [name]Emery[/name] spelling because [name]Emory[/name] reminds me of the university.