What do you think of Liv?

I am in love with the name [name]Liv[/name]. In fact, it’s tied for #1 with my long time favorite girl’s name, [name]Remy[/name].

Anyway, what do you think of it? [name]Do[/name] you think it can stand on its own without having to be a nickname for something? Because I don’t like [name]Olivia[/name], because it’s too popular and just not my taste.

Also, which middle names do you prefer for it (of these choices, but you may suggest some if you’d like)?
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Macy[/name]

I would actually try to find a name where [name]Liv[/name] can be a nn so that your daughter has some choices while growing up, but I don’t hate it all by itself :slight_smile:
Here’s a few ideas:

[name]Livia[/name] (its an actual name…old [name]Roman[/name] I believe)
[name]Livana[/name]
[name]Livinia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]

Or you could also spell [name]LIV[/name] with her names

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Valensia[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Vedette[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Verina[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Laine[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Vera[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Your combos:

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Bella[/name] - has the best flow, but [name]Sarah[/name] seems dated to me
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - I think [name]Liv[/name] is too short for two long middles…could be just me, tho
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - not a marie fan
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Macy[/name] - sweet combo, I prefer [name]Maisie[/name] (to escape my brain being filled with the raspy voice of [name]Macy[/name] [name]Gray[/name])

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Olivia[/name] and the nicknames [name]Liv[/name] & Livi.

Since you don’t like [name]Olivia[/name] how about these names?

[name]Lavina[/name]
Livenne
Liviana
Liverty

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is the best combo.

I think [name]Liv[/name] is sweet, although I do like [name]Rica[/name]'s suggestion of using [name]Liv[/name] as a nickname for [name]Livia[/name], [name]Livinia[/name], or [name]Olive[/name].

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Bella[/name]: This combo doesn’t flow to me, and I’d stay away from [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Bella[/name] combos, as it sounds like Cerebellum, a part of the brain.

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: This one is better to me, but the back-to-back [name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] is pretty “ih” heavy.

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Marie[/name]: This works, too, but it’s really “ih” heavy…
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Macy[/name]: The trendy [name]Macy[/name] doesn’t work here, in my opinion…

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Ameila[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Mariana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I have a friend who has [name]Liv[/name] as a first name but she goes by her middle name, actually I think she changed her first name to her middle name when she got married.

I’m not fond of [name]Liv[/name] on it’s own. It seems too insubstantial. It could be a middle name as is but otherwise I’d suggest one of the other more finished ideas that other posters have recommended.

[name]Remy[/name] stands up a little better but still a bit on the light side as a full first name.