What do you think of name, Koa?

The meaning of Koa is “brave, bold, fearless”
I think it’s really really different. It’s like [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. I saw it someone’s instagram. I like Koa [name_u]Avery[/name_u] – as a combination.

Thoughts on this this little boys name.
It’s pronouced KOH-uh

Koa sounds really cute. I like it, and that’s a nice meaning. I went to high school with a Kekoa, and his nickname was Koa.

I might choose a middle name that doesn’t begin with A though, as the sounds kind of run into each other.

Is it wrong add this name to my list if I saw it somewhere else? Is that considered baby name stealing?

The name is Hawaiian, and in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] it is a popular dogs name. My moms dog is named Koa. Usually big dogs too. Kekoa is more often used for people. ([name_u]Kay[/name_u]-KOA)

That being said, I think it’s a cute name :slight_smile:

I think Koa is gorgeous, great name and I really like Koa [name_u]Avery[/name_u].

I think it’s quite sweet, but as an Australian I keep thinking of koalas :stuck_out_tongue:

It is stealing but I think it’s okay to steal if it is from someone you don’t know or interact with. Right??
Obviously you can’t steal your neighbors baby name but if you were just browsing and came across the name somewhere in the endless sea that is social media…I think it’s cool.

I like it. Short n sweet!

1 Like

It sounds like a furry little cub/pup but it reminds me just of KOA campgrounds. I pass by them all the time. And I sometimes have referred to them as Koah, like your name.

Since no one owns the name, you wouldn’t technically be stealing it. If you had a friend or family member that you knew was pregnant and naming their son this but you gave birth first and then decided to name your son Koa, I would consider that to be ‘stealing’.

Koa is a nice name.

Koa is sweet and I like the meaning, but it reminds of me koalas too and I’m not Australian.

I agree with casilda- people constantly discover new names by hearing them on other people, characters and the Internet and using them. It only counts as name stealing if you’re using a (at least somewhat uncommon) name that someone else you know is planning to use.

There was a berry on here with a son named Koa, I think.
Handsome name though not my style. I love the meaning.

I’ve lived in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] for the past few years and encountered a lot of names with Koa in them (like the previously mentioned Kekoa) but I’ve only come across Koa as a dogs name. It’s also an acronym for Kampgrounds of [name_u]America[/name_u], just FYI (that’s the first thing that pops up when you Google it).

That all being said, I do enjoy the name. I wouldn’t choose it myself, but if I heard it, it would be a pleasant surprise.

I love Koa, actually, and I really like Koa [name_u]Avery[/name_u]! [name_u]Avery[/name_u]‘s one of my favorite boys’ names. :slight_smile:

I like it, but I prefer the fuller names of Kekoa or Makoa. I know a few people who go by Koa as a nickname for those names. Makoa is probably my favorite, but that is because it is the name of a really close friend. Koa works fine though. It is a type of tree in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m].