What do you think of our baby girls name

Ok so pretty sure we are going with

Sofia Juliet.
What vibes does this name give you?
What would you rank it 1-10?
What kind of little girl does it make you think of?

Nick names were considering are Sophie/Sofie, Etty or SJ.
Which nickname do you like best?
Or do you have a different nickname that we could use?

Thanks for much!!

3 Likes

[name_f]Honesty[/name_f] ahead: so for me, it’s a bit common but I like really unusual names. It does have a nice, classic soft feel to it although I do prefer the [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] spelling personally.

I give it a 6.5/10. I would probably call her [name_f]Fia[/name_f].

2 Likes

Sofia wasn’t in my top 5 but it was one of the only ones we can agree on & it’s a family name so we are probably going to go for it and I do think it’s a beautiful name! I did want something more uncommon though so I was hoping to give her a nick name that is less common.

I was planning on using Jules as her nickname but just found out a family member is going to name her daughter jewel so now I feel like that one isn’t useable.

1 Like

Truthfully the popularity of [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is really off putting to me & its not a name I’d choose (my name choices are more [name_f]Zaylie[/name_f], Keltie, [name_f]Italia[/name_f], Fairamay etc. so it’s just we have completely different styles), however the combo is beautiful & timeless. I’d give it a solid 7/10.

Nickname wise I’d go for [name_f]Fia[/name_f], or your choice of SJ & avoid [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] all together,

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds beautiful! It’s familiar and elegant. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nicknames that you suggested are [name_f]Etty[/name_f] and SJ.

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] choice!

1 Like

Sofia Juliet has international vibes, a solid but sweet quality, versatile and well-rounded.
It gives me a gentle, friendly feel but I think it could suit anyone and she’d wear it with style!

I like the nickname SJ - unexpected and brings a bit of flair to Sofia.

I like nn Fia or Sosie too, but I think it depends on the person

2 Likes

Firstly congratulations on your baby girl :tada:

Ahhh gosh I think this name is beautiful. I adore [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] she’s elegant, timeless, romantic, classic, universal and has the wonderful meaning wisdom. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] makes a gorgeous middle name for [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] just so graceful and classic. [name_f]Truly[/name_f] stunning. You’re so lucky to have such a lovely name within your family tree. I would give this name 10/10 I would use [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] myself no hesitation.

Vibes: summer days, chic Parisian streets, ball gowns, tulips, harps, pastel pinks, ballet shoes and antique lace.

I can imagine [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] being very petite with blonde ringlet hair, poised, very into ballet and quiet.

I can see previous berries mentioning popularity and just want to reassure that yes whilst [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is popular popularity really isn’t the same as it was 30 years ago. Your [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] will (most likely) not be sharing her name with anyone else in her class. Yes maybe they’ll be Sofia’s or Sophie’s within her school but not within her class. I have a three year old from my experience everyone is so desperate to give their child a ‘unique’ name that actually no one ever shares a name. It’s also rarer to see a child called [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] than [name_f]Winter[/name_f] and I tend to find names like [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] more refreshing than [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for example. Of course you’ll always get a child called [name_m]Alfie[/name_m] & [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but I like the reliability of those style of names it’s nice to come across an [name_m]Alfie[/name_m]! I would love to meet more Sofia’s. Finally regarding popularity it’s far more important to find a name you love than sorry about things like popularity.

SJ is fun but I like [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] very sweet.

Wishing you all the best with your beautifully named baby girl

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is beautiful, 8/10!! I hadn’t noticed the sparkle of these names on their own, but together in this combo I can really see it!!

The vibe of [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is hard for me to pin down. It’s very classic, grand, and wise, while also being magical and down-to-earth on top of that— It feels very balanced. For some reason the first thing it makes me think of is stained glass windows!! I can imagine it on a very sweet and curious person.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite nickname out of your options is SJ, I love how spunky it is. I also love @Greyblue 's suggestion of [name_f]Sosie[/name_f], and I think you could put Sofia Juliet together to get [name_m]Sol[/name_m] and Soli which I adore. I have a friend [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] and it fits her perfectly!!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] :sunflower:

4 Likes

What vibes does this name give you?
It’s really sweet and feminine, and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] feels fresher than [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] to me.
What would you rank it 1-10?
7/10 to me, but that doesn’t mean i cannot be a 10/10 to someone else as it’s a really fab name
What kind of little girl does it make you think of?
I think of a girl obsessed with drawing and talented at it, sketching landscapes in her notebook that she takes everywhere - that was jus the first thing that came to mind.
Nicknames: I just like [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], but if I had to choose it would be [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] as i’m not a fan of using initials as nicknames and I also find it strange using the middle name as a source for the nickname.
I second [name_f]Fia[/name_f], as well

2 Likes

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is timeless, elegant, delicate and beautiful. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is admired all over the world, so it definitely has some great qualities. It has a wonderful meaning. It’s a classic choice. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is sweet, melodic and gorgeous.
The name has a nice flow. It sounds modern, feminine and gentle.

From 1 to 10, I would give [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] an 8/10. I guess it could be a higher score, but I rarely give a 10/10 :sweat_smile:, and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is not on my list, so please interpret the 8/10 as an excellent score.

Sofie/Sofie is lovely and gorgeous, but also the most expected nickname. SJ is cool! I also think you may like [name_f]Juju[/name_f], [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], [name_f]Ia[/name_f], [name_f]Sia[/name_f], [name_f]Sofi[/name_f], Liet, Soy, [name_m]Uli[/name_m], [name_f]July[/name_f], [name_m]Sol[/name_m], [name_f]Soul[/name_f], [name_f]Julie[/name_f], [name_m]Wisdom[/name_m], and [name_f]Soleil[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is a lovely name. I like this spelling in particular, as it reminds of the capital city of Bulgaria.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is pretty and works well as a middle name.

I woudn’t nickname [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] myself since it’s not an especially long or difficult name to say, but [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] is cute too.

1 Like

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name with global appeal! She’ll be able to go wherever she wants in life with a name like that.

Preferred nickname is [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]. 🩷

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a beautiful name! A 10/10 for me (although for personal preference I would personally go with ‘Sophia’ but combined with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] I think I prefer the ‘Sofia’ spelling, it looks so pretty).

The vibes give me sophisticated, international, classic, pretty, wise, I think of a name that can grow with a baby all the way through to late adulthood.

I think of a kind and smart little girl with good style! I think you’ve set her up for success with this name.

For nicknames, I think you have loads of options, I’d probably pick ‘Soph’ if I had a ‘Sophia’ but I think with your middle name choice ‘SJ’ is such a cool choice! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is sophisticated and beautiful. I picture a little girl who is intelligent, good at ballet and drawing. The spelling [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is less common than [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], if you’re worried about popularity. If you want to give her a less common nickname, avoid [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], as others have said. [name_f]Sofi[/name_f] would be a less-common spelling. [name_f]Etta[/name_f] would be beautiful and [name_f]Etty[/name_f] is also very cute. I also love the suggestion of [name_f]Fia[/name_f] or just Fi.

It’s an international superstar, classic, solid, grows up well, romantic yet fiery.
I give it 8/10 with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] pulling the weight. [name_f]Love[/name_f] that name.
Because both are quite common around the world, I’d give her a showstopping nickname.
I love [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], [name_f]Fia[/name_f], [name_f]Sosie[/name_f], or [name_f]Etta[/name_f]!