What do you think of the name Daylin Rene?

What do you think of the name Daylin [name]Rene[/name]?

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! I hope we can be helpful if youā€™re really looking for opinions.

I assume, since youā€™ve posted this thread in the Girlsā€™ Names forum, that Daylin [name]Rene[/name] is a potential girlā€™s name. My first question would be, Where did you find the name Daylin? I have never heard it, and it isnā€™t in Nameberryā€™s database.

My reaction to the sound of the name is that it could be either a boyā€™s or a girlā€™s name. It sounds similar to [name]Galen[/name] (male), [name]Dale[/name] (male or female), and [name]Braylin[/name]/[name]Braelyn[/name]/[name]Braylon[/name] (male or female). [name]Rene[/name] is a French male name, usually spelled [name]Renee[/name] when given to girls. So the sound of the name isnā€™t cluing me in about the babyā€™s gender (which could be your intention.)

I usually prefer names that have meaning and a history of usage. Daylin, to me, looks and sounds made-up and trendy, containing sounds in common with megapopular names [name]Aidan[/name]/[name]Caden[/name]/[name]Mason[/name], etc., and their variants. But I could be wrong about its being made up, and if thereā€™s a meaningful story behind it, Iā€™m much more willing to cut it some slack. And by ā€œmade-up,ā€ I mean made up by combining sounds. [name]Every[/name] name was made up at some point, but itā€™s only recently become common practice to invent a name by combining sound elements instead of combining root words or meanings.

I hope that helps. Best wishes!

To me, itā€™s way too trendy, a la [name]Braylen[/name], [name]Shaelyn[/name], [name]Raelyn[/name], [name]Kaelyn[/name], etc. Itā€™s also made up, which isnā€™t a quality I like in a name.

I actually kind of like the sound of it. I know a Daylee and have always found it quite cute, so Daylin seems like it could be a nice full name for it. It does come across as trendy and falling in with the rest of the [name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Lynn[/name] names, but it has a really cute and great sound to it anyway.

I agree that [name]Rene[/name] should be [name]Renee[/name], if you are indeed going for a girlā€™s name. That, or replace it completely with a very feminine middle to differentiate the gender (I however would assume a Daylin is a girl, but it isnā€™t 100% obvious).

Thanks for all the hlep- I found the name Daylin on another sight and thought it was cute we have a llittle girl [name]Harper[/name] at home and thought it went well together- [name]Rene[/name] is a family name that my Grandma, my mom, and I all have as our middle name so I wanted our next daughter to have the same middle name to carry on the tradition.

Daylin is such a pretty name! i love it! i think daylin rene is a great name. personally i would choose daylin rose but both are really cute!

I love Daylin! Iā€™m not a fan of [name]Rene[/name], but itā€™s not that bad. It flows well.

Honestly, I think itā€™s awful. Trendy, cutesy, made-up ā€“ it sounds as though it could be a brand of detergent or the name of a brand of diapers. I also suspect it will be constantly confused with [name]Dylan[/name].

I understand your reason for your spelling of [name]Rene[/name] and think itā€™s nice that youā€™re honouring your family. I love the name [name]Rene[/name]/[name]Renee[/name]. Have you thought about just altering it a tad to feminize and making it a first name, [name]Renee[/name], that honours your family?

I think Daylin sounds made up.

Daylin sounds made up and unintelligent to me, sorry. I canā€™t take it seriously.

Perhaps [name]Jaylin[/name], or [name]Dalia[/name].

I know a girl named [name]Dayana[/name] and she getā€™s by okay. Itā€™s definitely trendy and made up sounding, but if that doesnā€™t bother you itā€™s a pretty sound.

It sounds super trendy, generic, and yoonik (that is not a compliment). Neither of those names are authentic, sorry! Iā€™m just giving my honest opinion. Adding -lin to a word does not make it a cute name.

Hereā€™s why I donā€™t like it:

• It will be mistaken as [name]Dylan[/name] so many times you canā€™t count- most will assume itā€™s a typo.
  • Itā€™s madeup. Itā€™s just [name]Day[/name] with -lin on the end.
  • Itā€™s trendy with the noun and the -lin ending.
  • Itā€™s non-gender specific (though Iā€™m inclined to think girl) especially with the middle.

The middle with the masculine spelling doesnā€™t bother me that much, but I would definitely use it with a classic/vintage/real name that definitely tells the gender.

Here are some suggestions that have the same ā€˜feelā€™ (as in modern or smoosh name) as Daylin:

[name]Kyla[/name]
[name]Annabeth[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (eye-luh)
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Kiona[/name]
[name]Kassiani[/name]/[name]Kasiani[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Kirrily[/name] (prn [name]Keer[/name]-ih-lee)
[name]Jetta[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Mio[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]/[name]Eloisa[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name]/[name]Kerenza[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Zilla[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Lyla[/name]/[name]Lila[/name]

Thanks for the additional information. Daylin does sound cute with [name]Harper[/name], and I like the idea of using [name]Rene[/name] to honor your family. Iā€™d personally prefer another name with the middle [name]Rene[/name]/[name]Renee[/name], but itā€™s your choice.
Iā€™d be curious to know the name of the site where you found Daylin. What information did it offer about the name?

I think its great! I admit I am biased since my name is Daylin [name]Marie[/name] but I created a login for this site just so I could give you my biased opinion. Iā€™m 42 years old (and I am a woman) so I had this name long before the trend for unique names came into vogue. [name]Even[/name] now, with unusual names being so popular, I have only ever met 1 other Daylin. My name was ā€œmade upā€ - my dadā€™s name is [name]Dayton[/name] and I love having that connection but even without the story I really like my name. When I was younger, and most people had names like [name]Michelle[/name] and [name]Lisa[/name], I did get a lot of people who found my name a bit tough to figure out but for every strange look I also got a compliment. Now, no one is surprised by a unique name and I get even more compliments on my name now. I like that it is a unique name but spelled exactly as it sounds - I figure having an unusual name but one that people can actually spell is perfect!

1 Like

[name]One[/name] more comment from Daylin ā€¦ I just read the other replies - several people commented about the name being confused with [name]Dylan[/name] - I never have anyone calling me [name]Dylan[/name] (except voice recognition software - lol). Humans donā€™t seem to have any problem recognizing the difference.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but I think it sounds more like a boy name than a girls, only because I have a boy cousin named Daylan. I also agree with everyone else who says people would accidently call her [name]Dylan[/name], because my cousin has that same exact problem.

I would also like to suggest the name Dayla, itā€™s similar to Daylin but much more feminine.