What do you think of the name Elthea?

This name has recently started to grow on me, and I’d like to know what others think. The nickname would be [name]Ellie[/name].

I also have just a few questions…
Is [name]Ellison[/name] or [name]Elthea[/name] a better girl’s name? I adore the nickname [name]Ellie[/name], but I try to stay away from girl’s names in the top 1000.
[name]Do[/name] you like the combo [name]Elthea[/name] [name]Nicolette[/name] or [name]Elthea[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] [name]June[/name]? Would it be weird if her sister would have two middle names ([name]Audra[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is my other favorite) and her to only have one? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I like [name]Elthea[/name]. It’s proper and elegant, and [name]Ellie[/name] is adorable. [name]Elthea[/name] is much less trendy-sounding than [name]Ellison[/name], in my opinion, and I like it better. It would be a little weird if her sister had two middle names and she only had one. Have you considered [name]Althea[/name]? The “A” beginning instead of “E” makes it sound more modern to me.

We considered [name]Elthea[/name] as a way to get [name]Thea[/name], but decided against it because, although it is a traditional variant, we didn’t want people to think we had just creavitely spelled [name]Althea[/name]. I do like it, though, and [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Elle[/name] are great nns. Also considered [name]Elethea[/name]/[name]Alethea[/name].

[name]Ellison[/name] is nms, but is cute and trendy if you decide to go that way.

What about
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
Ellory
[name]Elizabeth[/name]?

I’d prefer [name]Althea[/name], but [name]Elthea[/name] is nice too. It’s way better than [name]Ellison[/name], which is a surname.

Other ways to get [name]Ellie[/name]:

[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Eleonora[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
Elita

You could also get to [name]Ellie[/name] with a name that ends in -elle:

[name]Isabelle[/name]