What do you think of the name Este?

Lately I have been kind of crushing on the name [name_f]Este[/name_f] for a girl. It is pronounced like Es-tay.

I just think it is cute, yet sophisticated. It also has the cute nickname of [name_f]Essie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

What do you think?

I like it!

I like it too! It’s the name of one of the Valar from Tolkien’s Legendarium as well (spelled EstĂ« but pronounced the same).

[name_f]Este[/name_f] sounds spunky and fun. [name_f]My[/name_f] first association was [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] d’[name_f]Este[/name_f], a famous and accomplished woman from the Renaissance era with a great story. I know how to pronounce [name_f]Este[/name_f] but you may get people pronouncing it like es-tee or est. [name_f]Estella[/name_f] or [name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn [name_f]Este[/name_f] would also work, if you want her to have a more “normal” name to fall back on.

Not a fan, but I seldom like ‘E’ names.

I would give two thumbs up if it were spelled [name_f]Estee[/name_f] or EstĂ©e (as in EstĂ©e Lauder) as [name_f]Este[/name_f] reminds me of the Spanish word but it’s a nice name either way.

I’m in Spain so it’s just the word “this”
 Or “east” for me.
I like the suggestion of EstĂ©e/ [name_f]Estee[/name_f] though. Less wordy, and I think the brand is EstĂ©e Lauder anyway, so that’s familiar, which helps.