What do you think of the name Luella?

What kind of girl comes to mind with this name, and what do you think of it?

I kind of like [name]Luella[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. :smiley:

[name]Luella[/name] is a rather unique nonconformist type of girl, oozing with personality. Much of her fate depends on her surname. Most will never know her middle name.

I love [name]Luella[/name]. I’m actually considering this if baby # 5 ends up being a girl!
I picture her being a spunky little blond girl, always looking for fun and adventure. But also really sweet and loving at the same time. Someone all the boys will be chasing come being a teenager!

This name has grown on me over the last couple of months. I definitely like the [name]Luella[/name] spelling better than [name]Louella[/name]. It has a spirited and sassy vibe to it. Unfortunately, Hollywood gossip columnist [name]Louella[/name] [name]Parsons[/name] comes to mind when I think of the name. She was very powerful in her day and could make or break careers. A more modern and positive example is British fashion designer [name]Luella[/name] [name]Bartley[/name].

Very cute, definitely hipster.

[name]Love[/name] it!

My great-grandmother’s name was [name]Sally[/name] [name]Luella[/name], but she went by [name]Luella[/name]. I always thought of it as old-fashioned and rather backwoods, but now we’re planning to give our daughters our great-grandmothers’ names (many of which are great!). I always liked [name]Sally[/name] better, but [name]Luella[/name] flows better as a middle name with other names I like, and now that I’m seeing it among my favorite names it’s growing on me. It sounds cute and cheerful, and a bit cheeky. And besides, if she didn’t like it, she could always be one of the 14 millions [name]Ella[/name]'s running around. I think this is a good one if you like the [name]Ella[/name] sound but want a new and not overused twist on it.

My very favorite Cabbage Patch doll was named [name]Louella[/name]!!! When I was a child, every doll I recieved after that was called [name]Louella[/name] as well. I think it’s gorgeous, unique, and has tons of personality. I’m so glad this name is getting some recognition. Use it!

I dig it, but like Luellen better!

I would assume you were saying the Welsh ‘[name]Llewellyn[/name]’ if I heard you say this out loud.

I hate to be the first one to say it, but I really dislike this name. It seems to lack sophistication to me. I’ve never been concerned about a name seeming cute enough on a child, but rather my concern lies in whether or not a name can function well on a professional adult, and I can’t say I think that [name]Luella[/name] fits the bill there.