What do you think of the name Miles?

My husband suggested it (it is almost impossible to get him to talk about baby names!) and I just wondered what people thought of it?

I love it so much! It has a lot of history, but it sounds kind of casual. It starts with an “M” which is a letter I love, and doesn’t end in an “n”, so it’s different. It goes with most last names, I suspect.
[name]Miles[/name] makes me think of Colonial [name]America[/name], and I love that time period. I think of [name]Miles[/name] Standish. Also [name]Miles[/name] would sound great in many formal or informal life situations - it’s versatile. It would sound great at the office, at the beach, at a party, or anywhere.
[name]Miles[/name] is a great name to use instead of the way too popular [name]Michael[/name].

I really like [name]Miles[/name]. I think it is so handsome. And I second what susan said about it being a name that just seems to work anywhere. My husband on the other hand can’t stand the name…(he thinks its dorky) so it was immediately dismissed from our list :frowning:

I really like [name]Miles[/name]. It’s not super common, but not so off-beat that people couldn’t pronounce it or spell it when called upon to do so. It also has a sort of relaxed feel to me, but has the advantage of being a formal name that won’t look out of place on a job application some day.

I love [name]Miles[/name], too, and second the great things that have already been said about it here. I think that [name]Milo[/name] is great, too!

Good luck!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Miles[/name]!!! One of the few boy names we’ve been able to agree on. It has such a cool jazzy feel to me, yet will still manage to work in a professional environment later.

I named my son [name]Miles[/name] and I am so, so happy that I did so!

He is now in his 30’s. He loves his name, we love his name, it is distinctive, handsome, manly (all the superlatives!).

If you choose this name I am SURE that you will be happy.

It really is a name that stands out and in all the best ways.

I must compliment your husband on having really good taste in naming his son.

I really, really hope that you name your son, [name]Miles[/name].

My combo

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

PS [name]Niles[/name] is dorky not [name]Miles[/name]

Wow! Thanks for super positive the feedback. I think it will be between this name and one other, so we shall just have to wait until he arrives and see what suits him best…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

It’s my first choice for a son–that’s how much I love it!

I really like it! I hope it’s not getting too popular??? There are two [name]Miles[/name] kids in my daughter’s grade! :frowning:

I am so surprised to hear that as I only ever encountered two named [name]Miles[/name] in the last 35 years.