What do you think of the name Talia ?

Ok I’m pretty set on the name [name]Eliana[/name], but I keep thinking about [name]Talia[/name]. The name would be [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] or [name]Talia[/name] [name]Jade[/name]. (Not a fan of [name]Natalia[/name]).

[name]How[/name] funny! I just ran across this name yesterday and thought that it was really pretty! I knew someone by this name years ago, and she pronounced it “[name]Tal[/name]-ya”, but went by [name]Tally[/name] most of the time.

I think if I were to use it I use the same pronunciation, but not use a nickname! It is too pretty to shorten to [name]Tally[/name], in my opinion!

[name]Tally[/name] is a cute nickname !

I want to pronounce it [name]Tah[/name] - [name]Lee[/name] - [name]Ah[/name] though.

[name]Tah[/name]-lee-ah is a great way to pronounce it! I’m glad you like [name]Tally[/name] as a nickname, too!

I am usually in favor of more uncommon names, so I would certainly vote for [name]Talia[/name] over [name]Eliana[/name], but I do think [name]Eliana[/name] is pretty as well!

Good luck!

I think we have the same taste because [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Talia[/name] are both in my top five right now!

I think [name]Talia[/name] is really pretty but my husband is not convinced because the “[name]Tal[/name]-ya” pronounciation is close to the Italian word “taglia” but I still like it!

I think [name]Talia[/name] is a lovely name!

I can only think of it as a nn for [name]Natalia[/name]. Although maybe it’s just me. I have a [name]Natalie[/name] and a [name]Gabriella[/name] already and was surprised when someone suggested it when I posted asking for sib-set name suggestions for no. 3 so clearly people see it as a fn in its own right.

I quite imagine people would shorten it to [name]Tali[/name] or [name]Tally[/name] despite your best efforts.

I think it’s a beautiful name! I know two Talias, both of whom pronounce it like you do, tah-lee-uh.

I think it’s very elegant!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I know a talia [name]Tal[/name]-ya. It’s a super cute name. [name]Both[/name] the names are nice but i like [name]Talia[/name], w either pronunciation, more.