what do you think of these names?

please be free to share any comments, thoughts, and connotations, AND please provide pronunciation that you would pronounce the following: Thanks!!! in advance.

Aerian/Aerien
[name]Aerin[/name]
[name]Eirin[/name]
[name]Eleri[/name]
[name]Eirian[/name]/Eirien
Irian
Airian
[name]Ariel[/name]

they are pretty similar, but im worried about connotation and mispronunciation.
your thoughts are important :smiley:
im naming for a girl by the way. Thanks

I love love love [name]Eleri[/name] - I know an [name]Eleri[/name] and she’s very smart and talented if that helps :slight_smile: I understand your concerns. My mum wanted to name me [name]Eleri[/name] but as she doesn’t speak Welsh she wasn’t sure she’d be pronouncing it right.

To help, it’s uh-LARE-ee (emphasis on the second syllable).

[name]Hope[/name] you find the perfect name for you! x

Aerian/Aerien - [name]AIR[/name] EE [name]ANN[/name]
[name]Aerin[/name] - [name]AARON[/name]
[name]Eirin[/name] - same as above
[name]Eleri[/name] - [name]ELLERY[/name]
[name]Eirian[/name]/Eirien - [name]AIR[/name] EE IN
Irian - EYE [name]REE[/name] [name]ANN[/name]
Airian - [name]AIR[/name] EE [name]ANN[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name] - [name]AIR[/name] E [name]EL[/name], like the mermaid

Great names! My favourites would be AIRIAN or [name]ELERI[/name].

I would suggest Aeryn/[name]Eryn[/name] :slight_smile: as other altertnate spellings. Personally, I would not use any name pronounced [name]AIR[/name] EE AN no matter the spelling because of, as you mentioned, the connotations.

Here’s my take on pronunciations:

Aerian/Aerien (air ee an / air ee en)
[name]Aerin[/name] (air in)
[name]Eirin[/name] (ee rin)
[name]Eleri[/name] (el eh ree/ eh lare ee)
[name]Eirian[/name]/Eirien (eer ee an/ eer ee en)
Irian (eer ee an)
Airian (air ee an)
[name]Ariel[/name] (are ee ul/ air ee el)

There’s the [name]Arian[/name] heresey and [name]Aryan[/name] supremacy, which are not just minor, annoying, or inconsequential associations that your child will grow beyond like the little mermaid thing. I would go with Aeryn/[name]Eryn[/name], [name]Aerin[/name], [name]Eirin[/name], [name]Eleri[/name], or [name]Ariel[/name] (forget the mermaid, think of a soaring bird, it is a beautiful name!) The bad connotaions can be avoided by spelling and pronouncing some of the names as if they end in [name]Anne[/name]-- are ee anne, OR if you go with AU instead of AE–Aurin, Aurian, [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Aurelie[/name] for example.

Best of luck!