What do you think of these?

I’m far off from having a kid any time soon but I was wondering what people thought of these girl names:

[name]Wynn[/name]/[name]Wynne[/name] (for personal reasons–plus I think it sounds nice)
[name]Wynona[/name] nn [name]Wyn[/name] (as an alternative to the above)
[name]Celestia[/name]/[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Canada[/name] (a family name and a tie to the origin!)
[name]Lena[/name] (family name, could be a nn for another name–suggestions?)

Also, if I had twin girls I was thinking [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], because of family ties to both names, as well as a thematic tie. [name]Do[/name] you think this is intriguing or bordering on cheesy?

Also, names like [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]–what do you think? They seem like hidden gems to me.

[name]Wynn[/name] is actually quite nice, similar to [name]Bryn[/name] and the outdated [name]Lynn[/name]. However, like [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Bryn[/name], I think it should stay in the middle name slot. [name]Wynona[/name] is not a personal favorite, mostly because [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] is rather scary. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Celestia[/name], I think its so pretty. [name]Celeste[/name] is okay, but I would use it as a middle name. I don’t think [name]Canada[/name] is all that great, mostly because it’s an odd place name and she’ll never be able to shake the country connection. If you must, use it in the middle slot. [name]Lena[/name] is alright, but not too exciting. [name]How[/name] about [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Lena[/name] as a nickname? [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] are nice, but I agree they might be a little cheesy. [name]How[/name] about [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], which is related to [name]Caroline[/name]?

[name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] are very beautiful, but I would be cautious about thinking they are “hidden” gems. [name]Aurelia[/name] is becoming more and more well known, and especially on Nameberry. [name]Cordelia[/name] is not as popular with the general public, but on Nameberry its “been there done that.”

Thanks for the opinions! I love [name]Wynn[/name] as a middle name option. I also adore [name]Celestia[/name], and ever since I heard the name I’ve obsessed over it. [name]Charlotte[/name] is actually another fave of mine, and that’s a great suggestion.

Also thanks for the feedback on [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]. I really just “discovered” them, and being new to nameberry, wouldn’t know much about the trends on the site. I think it’s the “-elia” that attracted my attention to them.

[name]Wynn[/name]/[name]Wynne[/name] (for personal reasons–plus I think it sounds nice): I think it’s a very sweet name. I know a darling [name]Wynn[/name], so I have good associations with the name. :slight_smile:

[name]Wynona[/name] nn [name]Wyn[/name] (as an alternative to the above): I’m personally not a [name]Wynona[/name] fan, so I prefer [name]Wynn[/name] on its own.

[name]Celestia[/name]/[name]Celeste[/name]: I love both, especially [name]Celestia[/name], because it’s a [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name] name ([name]Caroline[/name] [name]Celestia[/name] Ingalls). :slight_smile:

[name]Canada[/name] (a family name and a tie to the origin!): I think it would make an interesting middle name, but I personally like the others more as first names.

[name]Lena[/name] (family name, could be a nn for another name–suggestions?): I think it’s very pretty. Longer sources of [name]Lena[/name] you may like:

[name]Helena[/name] (I love sisters named [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]!) :slight_smile:
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]

To me, [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] aren’t as overtly geographical as [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] would be, but I did think of [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] when I saw [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]. Hmm…

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]! [name]Cordelia[/name] is one of my all-tine favorite names! (I personally wouldn’t use both names for siblings, because both have the same “elia” ending sound, but that’s just me.) :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you’re still looking for names, but some more you may like:

[name]Adelia[/name]/[name]Adeline[/name]/[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Evangelina[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]