What do you think of this idea, or is it too off?

[name]Hi[/name] there, My husband’s name is [name]Nicholas[/name].
I am having a baby boy at the beginning of Dec.
and never saw myself as being very traditional. I always
thought about fun random name combos. As the due date is getting
closer, I’m feeling more sentimental about honoring him.
Is using [name]Cole[/name] as a middle name a nice way to honor my husband, or is
it just too far off? I think it’s a nice spin, and yet it’s up to date and more
my speed. It also kind of has nice [name]Christmas[/name] feel. My husband likes the name,
but doesn’t necessarily feel that it embodies the name [name]Nicholas[/name] . He doesn’t care either way if we use his name or not. Any thoughts tho? Thanks!!!

I have actually heard of [name]Cole[/name] being used as a nn for [name]Nicholas[/name], so I don’t think its too far off at all! I like it :slight_smile:

I agree!

I also agree.

Another “I agree” for you! :slight_smile: I think that [name]Cole[/name] is a great way to honor a [name]Nicholas[/name]!

Good luck!

And another agree!

[name]Cole[/name]/[name]Colin[/name] are both medieval nicknames for [name]Nicolas[/name] so I think it’s great! Or you could use the feminine version, [name]Colette[/name], from the French.

I don’t get [name]Nicholas[/name] from it

Its like “Ni-[name]COLE[/name]-is” :slight_smile:

I think [name]Cole[/name] or even [name]Colin[/name] would be a great.

I never would have associated [name]Cole[/name] with [name]Nicholas[/name] on my own, but now that you point it out I think it works perfectly. That’s one of the fun things about thoughtful naming…that you can create your own associations or revive historical ones and that the name [name]Cole[/name] will have a special additional meaning for your family. I can also relate to honoring your husband…I am strongly considering giving my baby my husband’s first name as his middle, something I never ever thought I would consider in the past!