What do you think of this name?

[name]Hardy[/name]

We mentioned to my brother that we liked the combo [name]Willem[/name] [name]Hardy[/name] and he said “What, like ‘hard willy’?”. So thats out.

What do you think of [name]Hardy[/name] by itself as either a first name or a middle? We like that it means “bold, brave” as a good meaning is important to us but does it have too much teasing potential?

I think it’s cute. yes, it has a bit of teasing potential- but so does any name that has a literal meaning. Also, [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Hardy[/name] = good author and namesake. Thumbs up.

I much prefer [name]Harvey[/name]. But then again it’s just not my style.

I know an adorable little boy named [name]Solomon[/name] H@rdy (nickname [name]Sol[/name]). I love that combo, and it’s really made me see the possibilities of [name]Hardy[/name].

Thanks for your replies. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] H@rdy! [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Hardy[/name] could work well as a first name?

I can see [name]Hardy[/name] as a really cool middle name, but I personally think it (and any “hard” name) has too much teasing potential to be a first name. That’s just me, though. (I can totally see “hard on” and “hard” jokes beginning in middle school…)

Also, because [name]Hardy[/name] sounds like the word “hearty,” when he introduces himself, “[name]Hi[/name], I’m [name]Hardy[/name],” it may sound like he’s referring to his physical status (hearty), rather than to his name.

So for me, [name]Hardy[/name] would make a great middle name, but not so much a great first name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

ed hardy that nasty clothing line!

Thanks for the input [name]Jill[/name]. The “hard on” thing would be my biggest issue.

I don’t really get the hearty/hardy problem. I’ve been thinking about it and maybe it’s because I’m Australian and we don’t really pronounce our R’s and the A sound is softer and shorter in [name]Hardy[/name] than Hearty for me. [name]Hardy[/name] is more like Huh-[name]DEE[/name]. It’s difficult to explain.

All that being said, I do prefer it as a middle.

We don’t have that bad clothing line association here either.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

The first thing i thought of was [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Hardy[/name], the second thing i thought of was the unfortunate teasing it might get! I think it would be a lovely mn though imo :slight_smile:

I think of [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Hardy[/name]-great comedy team! I agree it should be in the middle due to children teasing during middle and high school.

To be honest I don’t like it as a first name or a mn. I would try and use [name]William[/name] as a first and find a different mn. Something about the word “hard” doesn’t sound right with most names…

[name]Hardy[/name] is actually my brother’s middle name. He never got teased for it. Not sure that would have been the case if it was his first name. I vote for [name]Hardy[/name] as a middle name.