What do you think of Thomas?

We’re considering the name of [name]Thomas[/name] for one of our twins joining siblings [name]Julia[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name] ([name]Jules[/name], [name]Kit[/name]/[name]Kitty[/name], and [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Louie[/name]). We’d love your honest thoughts on the name.

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name?
  2. Is it a timeless classic? Or does it seem dated?
  3. Does it fit with our sibset?
  4. What would you name a twin brother?

Thank you so much,
[name]Charlotte[/name]

1. I love [name]Thomas[/name]. There was a thread awhile back asking for the Best Name [name]Ever[/name] and I submitted [name]Thomas[/name]. I plan to name our first son [name]Thomas[/name], nn [name]Tom[/name].
  2. It is absolutely a timeless classic that will never seem dated.
  3. It fits wonderfully with your classic sibset!
  4. Other names I like with [name]Thomas[/name] and your other children’s names
    [name]George[/name]
    [name]Edward[/name]
    [name]Peter[/name]
    [name]Henry[/name]
    [name]William[/name]

[name]Thomas[/name] is my surname, and considering it’s constant use over many centuries, I am surprised that it continues to be so popular today! For that reason I would consider it a timeless classic because so many parents continue to use it. In my newspaper the two local babies born this week had [name]Thomas[/name] as a middle name. I have to say I like [name]Thomas[/name] better as a middle name because I don’t like the nickname [name]Tom[/name], but [name]Thomas[/name] does fit perfectly into your classic sibset as phoebesmom said!

I love [name]Thomas[/name]! Only problem is I’m not a huge [name]Tom[/name] fan. It’s very classic and fits well with your sibset. Personally I think [name]William[/name] goes great as a brother for [name]Thomas[/name].

So happy to hear of someone going to name their baby [name]Thomas[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think it is a great name and it is so fresh yet so classic. I am so tired of the same names being used over and over eg [name]Henry[/name] and we haven’t seen any Thomases for a long time, so go for it!

[name]Thomas[/name] will always be a classic name, in generations to come when all the Jaydens and Jennifers have faded away there will always be people using the name [name]Thomas[/name].

I think [name]Tom[/name] is a strong, manly nn.

Congratulations on using this name and it will go beautifully with his siblings.

For his twin brother I would consider

[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Alister[/name]

Thank you for the feedback!
We’re really loving [name]Thomas[/name] right now, and we love the nn [name]Tommy[/name] for a little boy. I’m not sure about a name for a twin brother at this point. My husband likes [name]Peter[/name], and I like it too, but I hate [name]Pete[/name]. Oh, well. Anyway, thank you for all of the suggestions. They give us a lot to think about.
[name]Charlotte[/name]

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name?
Yes! I love it!

2. Is it a timeless classic? Or does it seem dated?
Timeless classic.

3. Does it fit with our sibset?
Yes, definitely.

4. What would you name a twin brother?
[name]Edward[/name]/[name]Edmund[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Joseph[/name]