What do you think of Twila?

I actually asked this same question last year! [name]Will[/name] be fun to see if the answers are the same. I forgot about the name until I saw it again today. So…

What do you think of the name [name]Twila[/name]?

What kind of girl do you imagine?

“[name]Gawain[/name] and [name]Twyla[/name], who’d been named by people who apparently loved them, had been put to bed by the time [name]Susan[/name] got in, at their own insistence.” - [name]Terry[/name] Pratchett, Hogfather

It’s the only thing I can think of whenever I see the name :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol. Oh Sir [name]Terry[/name]. He’s so funny :slight_smile:

I love it. Very mysterious and sparkly. Unfortunately, I wonder if most people will think “Twilight.”

I think of [name]Twyla[/name] Tharp

The name could grow on me though, it has a fairly nice and different sound to it but still fits in with more popular names.

I think [name]Twyla[/name] is a lovely name. But the name reminds me of [name]Twyla[/name] Tharp as well-the ballet dancer. My mother in law suggested this name for my daughter. However my husband said, “No!” The name reminded him of twilight.

Yeah, it’s all [name]Twyla[/name] Tharp to me. I’m very involved in the arts, though, so that might not be a common association. She’s a brilliant modern choreographer and has contributed a lot to dance, but I’m not sure she’s someone you want to name a child after (pm me if you need more info.) It’s a name that, to me, is associated with one person and one person only, like [name]Rihanna[/name] or [name]Madonna[/name].

I have known two [name]Twyla[/name]'s/[name]Twila[/name]'s (unsure of spelling) in high school.

They were both energetic, fun, and spunky people.

[name]Twyla[/name] A: She was born deaf and my goodness, she spoke in volumes. She was always signing/speaking what was on her mind. If she didn’t like it or thought something was joyous, you knew.

[name]Twyla[/name] B: Easy-going, fun, simply beautiful inside and out. She had the smoothest mocha skin and a bright smile. She was a bit tomboyish, yet girly. I enjoyed having conversations with her.

I’ve only known a couple of middle aged to elderly Twylas, so it’s a little “old lady” to me. I want to like it. I think the word twilight has a beautiful sound and meaning, but [name]Twyla[/name] just doesn’t do it for me.

I vaguely remember looking up [name]Twyla[/name] Tharp last year. But eh I don’t think people would think we named after her. I don’t know that I would use it. But I do think it matches the image of the little girl i’d love to have. I may put it on my long list. :slight_smile:

I actually like it a lot! I read a great book with a wonderful character named [name]Twila[/name]! Spunky and charming!

ive been thinking about [name]Twila[/name]/[name]Twyla[/name] since i like [name]Willa[/name]. i like it. im sure it would work nicely.
i think of [name]Twila[/name] [name]Paris[/name].

The first syllable is so unique “twhy”
It reminds me a bit of [name]Dwight[/name], but I don’t hate it.
It’s got something a bit fairyish about it–nature but spunky but weird but old-fashioned.

It’s still very ‘Twilight’-esque to me. Which wouldn’t be a bad reference if it were just to the word - which is beautiful. But the books, and worse - the movies, just kill it for me.

I want to like [name]Twila[/name], but when I say it aloud all I hear is Twilight… Oh well.

Oh and I don’t think [name]Twila[/name]/ [name]Twyla[/name] is at all like [name]Oprah[/name]… it’s not that one of a kind

I immediately think of the Hogfather/[name]Terry[/name] Pratchett [name]Twyla[/name]. Then I think of Twilight. I kind of want to like [name]Twila[/name], but I just can’t. It’s just lacking somehow, and vaguely vacuous.

Well I’m going to go against the grain and say I don’t like it the slightest. Very very whiny to my ear and screams made up.

I immediately think of [name]Twyla[/name] Tharp.

It makes me think of [name]Twyla[/name], which sounds oh so very southern. I think it’d be cute.

I really like [name]Twila[/name], despite its feeling somewhat dated to me due to my association with the [name]Christian[/name] singer [name]Twila[/name] [name]Paris[/name] who was popular in the 90s. I would definitely consider naming a daughter [name]Twila[/name]. You may also like the similar name [name]Shyla[/name], which is one of our top name choices at the moment.