What do you think of ....

Using ethnic names not in your own culture in the middle? I’m stuck on the name Rupinder. I think it’s lush, lovely and absolutely perfect. If I was married to an [name]Indian[/name] guy, that would easily be the name of my daughter . I have her in a combo I utterly adore and would happily use, no matter what. I’ll post it here and someone tell me if it’s ridiculous or not.

[name]Clio[/name] [name]Portia[/name] Rupinder/[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Portia[/name] Rupinder (Which [name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name] do you prefer, too?)

Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lola[/name],

I really like the name [name]Cleo[/name] (and it goes so nicely with [name]Josephine[/name]), but can’t help but notice that it contains your son’s name, [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] would be too similar for me, but that doesn’t take away from [name]Cleo[/name]'s beauty.

As for using names from different cultures, I think it’s really an individual thing. Personally, I wouldn’t use an [name]Indian[/name] name, but if it doesn’t bother you, that’s really all that matters.

Some culture’s names (Spanish, French, Italian, etc.) have become commonplace ([name]Sofia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Gabrielle[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], etc.), and seem “open” for everyone’s use, while for me, some culture’s name don’t seem right to use if you’re not of that culture. There’s no right or wrong to this–just personal preference.

I really like [name]Cleo[/name] with [name]Portia[/name], though!

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I know [name]Cleo[/name] & [name]Leo[/name] are pretty similar but it’s getting to the point where [name]Leo[/name] is home twice a year, maybe four times in a good year but otherwise is on the phone or PC. It’s a bit odd, yes, but not undoable for us. That’s why I was thinking [name]Clio[/name] instead, as the sound is there but not the exact letters + one, you know? And except for [name]Cleopatra[/name], there’s little to no way to get [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name] as a nickname, so I figured, why not as a standalone? I’m a sucker, apparently for cat & dog names! :smiley:

Hey, if it’s doable for you, then it’s great. Because of [name]Leo[/name], I’d definitely use [name]Clio[/name], although I do prefer the way [name]Cleo[/name] looks. The name goes so well with [name]Josephine[/name]. Hey, why not honor her two older brothers with [name]Clio[/name] [name]Simone[/name]? [name]Just[/name] a wacky thought!

If you really wanted to stretch it, you could possibly get [name]Cleo[/name] out of [name]Clementine[/name].
But I think [name]Clio[/name] or [name]Cleo[/name] paired with [name]Simone[/name] is a pretty neat idea, [name]Jill[/name]!

I live in a city where there are a lot of [name]East[/name] Indians and I love the way a lot of their names sound. My favorite being Suhkwinder. I think that’s how she spells it?
pron; suh-quinn-der and we called her [name]Suki[/name]. I love it so much!!! I guess I’m a bit of a hipocritter (giggle) because I would never use it because of its origin. Maybe if we lived somewhere else?

As for [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Portia[/name]… wow! It just seems so over the top. I guess 'cause it reminds me of [name]Cleopatra[/name]? If you’re a bling bling girl, this is probably a perfect fit (: Personally, I’d leave it as [name]Cleo[/name] Rupinder.

I felt a little sad that your ds’s name being [name]Leo[/name] didn’t matter because of the distance b/t you two. You must miss him a great deal and maybe this will make it feel as though he’s little closer to you (:

eta ~ I also love the name Kaleah (kah-[name]LEE[/name]-uh) kinda like [name]Cleo[/name]. Thought I’d throw that out there

If it were me, I wouldn’t want my kids’ names to rhyme or even sort of rhyme. I love the name [name]Clara[/name] for example, but I worry that it’s too much like [name]Laura[/name], my daughter. Also I love the names [name]Flora[/name], [name]Nora[/name], and [name]Cora[/name]. If you pick a name like that, it eliminates a lot of other names.
But not everyone is like me, so if it doesn’t bother you to have a [name]Leo[/name] and a [name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Clio[/name], go for it.

if you love it, don’t hesitate to use it, especially if it’s “the one.” I love it, too!