What do you think when you hear the name Crosby?

Definitely [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] and [name]Bill[/name] Cosby. Those are strong associations for most people if you are hoping to avoid them.
For what it’s worth, I love [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]! Gotta love those crooners!

I must say I’m glad you won’t be using it for a girl though!

I love all of the other names you are considering, although quite a few are very popular ([name]Owen[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Finley[/name]).
[name]Micah[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] are a little farther off the beaten path.

[name]Micah[/name] would be my pick for a name that is classic but unusual.

Good luck to you!

CSN&Y…
and they were awesome. [name]Love[/name] it!

I really don’t mind the associations sorrounding this name. None of them are bad, I just don’t want him to be asked a million times if his parents are big fans of (fill in the blank).

I also love the other names on our list, and agree that [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] are popular, but I like the way they sound and they are family names so they made the cut despite their popularity.

I also like [name]Micah[/name] a lot too, but my neice keeps saying “like formica counter tops?” so it is kind of ruining the name for me.

Thanks for all the advice.
[name]Grace[/name]

I like the name a lot. Very masculine (good thing you’re having a boy!) and goes great with [name]Easton[/name] without being matchy. He definitely will come across adults who will comment on their associations every now and then, but with his peers he won’t. Besides, having an interesting, but not weird, name that people can comment on is more likely to be a plus than a negative. It could potentially be a good conversation starter.

makes me think of cosby, like the cosby show

I think of [name]Bill[/name] Cosby. That being said I’m 29. I don’t think kids in his class are going to draw a similar association. :slight_smile:

[name]Sidney[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] (I’m married to a hockey player!). I’m thinking of it as well but spelled [name]Crosbie[/name]. Our last name is [name]Gibson[/name]. Any ideas for a middle name?

Yup I’m with the hockey refrence! [name]Sydney[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] is the child prodigy and [name]Easton[/name] is a huge manufacturer of hockey equipment! Not a big deal if you live away from a hockey state. Up north you may sound like hockey fanatics!

[name]Sidney[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Bill[/name] Cosby/Cosby show, [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]