What do you think when you hear the name Crosby?

Okay, so my husband is in love with the name [name]Crosby[/name], and wants to use it for a boy or a girl. I am on the fence. Sometimes I love the name, and sometimes I’m not sure. On another post of mine, some people liked it and others absolutely hated it. I am curious what you like or don’t like about it? For a boy the name would be [name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name]. Not sure on the middle name for a girl, but it would be very feminine. Be honest, I would rather hear the comments now, then wait until after the baby is named and then hear what people really think. Thanks for any advice.

I personally think of [name]Crosby[/name], Stills & [name]Nash[/name], and am guessing people may assume she’s named after the group. I also think of the Cosby show, although it’s Cosby not [name]Crosby[/name]. ([name]Edit[/name]: I also think of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]…)

I can see [name]Crosby[/name] on a boy, but have a harder time seeing on a little girl.

You may also like names with [name]Crosby[/name]'s style, such as:

[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
Isaly
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
Silsby
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

for some reason, crosby adelaide just jumped right out at me.

I, too, think of [name]Crosby[/name], Stills, and [name]Nash[/name]–or CSN and [name]Young[/name]. Definitely a positive association, but a prominent one. I also think of a small English farmer. Another poster made some nice suggestions of names in a similar style. [name]Willoughby[/name] is lovely. [name]Will[/name] could be a nickname.

Also, you might consider Bixby, [name]Digby[/name], or [name]Darby[/name]. Best wishes to you.

[name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] and [name]Bill[/name] Cosby

bill crosby

[name]Bing[/name].

[name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], nothing else even gets through the haze of perception, I literally can’t think of anything else without the association coming up somewhere and taking stage.

[name]Bill[/name] Cosby and [name]Crosby[/name], Still, and [name]Nash[/name].

Same! It’s all-boy to me. I like unisex names on girls, but not when they’re really, really masculine. Like [name]Diane[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] (I think) with a daughter named [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Dean[/name]? That’s just too much.

I think of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], the crooner. I’m not huge fan or [name]Crosby[/name], but I do like the suggestions of [name]Darby[/name], [name]Auden[/name], [name]Emery[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], and [name]Rowan[/name].

[name]Chandler[/name] ([name]Bing[/name].)

[name]Bill[/name] Cosby, and I wouldn’t use [name]Crosby[/name] on a boy or girl personally.

I think of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Bill[/name] Cosby, The Cosby Show, [name]Crosby[/name] Stills & [name]Nash[/name] and [name]Colby[/name] cheese (don’t ask me why).

I wouldn’t use it for a girl, I would resort to boys mn but that’s just my opinion.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I think of [name]Bill[/name] Cosby.

BUT I believe so many parents to be are all twisted up about what associations the names they like have, when in reality- it doesn’t matter- the child will shape the name.

If you like it go for it. I think for a girl it could be amazing if placed with a really feminine middle name. Or hyphenated- if your not aghast at the concept.

Any male LOVING a name has got to be a huge plus! Haha

I think of [name]Crosby[/name], Stills, [name]Nash[/name] and [name]Young[/name]. It’s not a bad association though.

I think [name]Crosby[/name] works really well for a boy. I’m not fond of it for a girl though.

Well, it looks like we are having a boy after all. My husband still loves this name and has taken to calling the baby by it already. I am starting to like the name more, and really appreciate the comments you had on the baby shaping the name. So far it meets all of my requirements (unique, fun and goes with [name]Easton[/name]), and he loves it, so this little one may be [name]Crosby[/name] after all. The only real concern I have is that everytime I say it to someone, they say something about [name]Bill[/name] Cosby or [name]Crosby[/name], Stills and [name]Nash[/name]. I just hope if he is named [name]Crosby[/name], he won’t have to deal with those comments all the time. We are also consittering [name]Owen[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Everett[/name].

Well, it looks like we are having a boy after all. My husband still loves this name and has taken to calling the baby by it already. I am starting to like the name more, and really appreciate the comments you had on the baby shaping the name. So far it meets all of my requirements (unique, fun and goes with [name]Easton[/name]), and he loves it, so this little one may be [name]Crosby[/name] after all. The only real concern I have is that everytime I say it to someone, they say something about [name]Bill[/name] Cosby or [name]Crosby[/name], Stills and [name]Nash[/name]. I just hope if he is named [name]Crosby[/name], he won’t have to deal with those comments all the time. We are also consittering [name]Owen[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Everett[/name].[/quote]

Congratulations on your second boy! Boys are so fun! I think [name]Crosby[/name] is a wonderful name, and although I did think of CS&N first, it’s only because I don’t know anyone personally with that name. I really think that once he is established as [name]Crosby[/name] to family and friends, you will run into the Cosby and CS&N associations less and less. I know that if I knew a little guy with that name, he would become my first association with the name [name]Crosby[/name]!

Good luck and congrats again!

Well, it looks like we are having a boy after all. My husband still loves this name and has taken to calling the baby by it already. I am starting to like the name more, and really appreciate the comments you had on the baby shaping the name. So far it meets all of my requirements (unique, fun and goes with [name]Easton[/name]), and he loves it, so this little one may be [name]Crosby[/name] after all. The only real concern I have is that everytime I say it to someone, they say something about [name]Bill[/name] Cosby or [name]Crosby[/name], Stills and [name]Nash[/name]. I just hope if he is named [name]Crosby[/name], he won’t have to deal with those comments all the time. We are also consittering [name]Owen[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Everett[/name].[/quote]

Congratulations on your second boy! Boys are so fun! I think [name]Crosby[/name] is a wonderful name, and although I did think of CS&N first, it’s only because I don’t know anyone personally with that name. I really think that once he is established as [name]Crosby[/name] to family and friends, you will run into the Cosby and CS&N associations less and less. I know that if I knew a little guy with that name, he would become my first association with the name [name]Crosby[/name]!

Good luck and congrats again![/quote]

Thanks, that makes me like it even more!!

Here’s another male that loves it. I do think of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] - but that’s good. I think [name]Bing[/name] and CSN won’t be on the minds of your son’s generation so he should be able to shape the name for himself.

Good luck!