What do you think?

My sister and I are only teenagers(17) but we have been in love with names since we were young. We don’t plan on having children for at least another decade but we think we would name our daughters…
[name]Charisma[/name] [name]Denise[/name] (My sister)
Joyous [name]Leticia[/name]
and our sons…
Charming [name]Eric[/name] (My sister)
Jovial [name]Layton[/name]
We both have virtue names and [name]Denise[/name] is my mothers and sisters middle name while [name]Leticia[/name] is mine. I was named for my grandmother [name]Lettie[/name]. I guess I’m asking are these names too much? We really want virtue names not to popular

Sorry, those names hit my biggest annoyance. Word names should be nouns, not adjectives. [name]Honor[/name], not Honorable. [name]Grace[/name], not Graceful. [name]Chastity[/name], not Chaste. [name]Prudence[/name], not Prudent. Charming is possibly the most over-the-top, as it also leads to association with [name]Prince[/name] Charming. [name]Charisma[/name] is the only one of your names I’ve seen before, and also the only one that’s a noun, and the only one I could accept

[name]Hi[/name], J!

[name]Charisma[/name] [name]Denise[/name] & Charming [name]Eric[/name]
Joyous [name]Leticia[/name] & Jovial [name]Layton[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you want their first initials - and in your case, their initials - to be the same? Especially for your sister, with [name]Charisma[/name] and Charming both starting with [name]Char[/name], I think they are too close. I’m not a word name fan, but I think their are sweet virtue names that you could try without being so overt. Here are my suggestions:

[name]Annora[/name] - “honor”
[name]Blythe[/name] - “happy”
[name]Carissa[/name] - “grace”
[name]Desiree[/name] - “desire”
[name]Esperanza[/name] - “hope”
[name]Felicity[/name] - “happiness”
[name]Gloria[/name] - “glory”
Hosanna - “praise”
[name]Irene[/name] - “peace”
[name]Joyce[/name] - “joy”
[name]Katarina[/name] - “pure”
[name]Letitia[/name] - “joy”
[name]Mercedes[/name] - “gracious gift”
[name]Naomi[/name] - “my joy”
[name]Oberon[/name] - “noble”
[name]Phoebe[/name] - “radiant”
[name]Rosetta[/name] - “splendid”
[name]Salome[/name] - “peace”
[name]Timea[/name] - “honor”
[name]Ulima[/name] - “wise”
[name]Verity[/name] - “truth”
[name]Winsome[/name] - “agreeable”

Those are just some girl suggestions - virtuous names, but established names that are unique and beautiful. You can search male virtue names here on Nameberry, too!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: