What do you think?

My husband and I are only trying to conceive right now but we want to get a jump on names.

My step-daughters name is [name]Mackenzie[/name]. I don’t like matchy matchy names but I want the names to still sound nice together.

Here’s a few from our lists:

Boys-

[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
Brodderick
[name]Brice[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Kenton[/name]
Pherson
[name]Ryker[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

Girls-

[name]Abrielle[/name]
[name]Bridgette[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Lorna[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
Ramya
[name]Verity[/name]

Boys-

[name]Alastair[/name]- This is nice and unexpected. Like a brooding romantic.
[name]Anderson[/name]-I know a lot of people with this last name, so it doesn’t sound like a first name to me. But I do like it!
[name]Archer[/name]- Cute!
[name]Benjamin[/name]- Classic
Brodderick-I want to like this, but it seems a bit much to me.
[name]Brice[/name]- I’ve always seen this spelled [name]Bryce[/name] so [name]Brice[/name] looks funny to me. It’s not a bad name though.
[name]Cassius[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this!
[name]Kenton[/name]-This is ok, but I like [name]Kent[/name] better.
Pherson-This sounds weird, but I’ve never heard it before so maybe that’s why.
[name]Ryker[/name]-Prison.
[name]Vincent[/name]-Nice.

Girls-

[name]Abrielle[/name]-Hmm. I don’t think I like this. I think it’s the “b” in it.
[name]Bridgette[/name]- This isn’t my favorite name, but it is a nice name. I think it would go well with [name]Mackenzie[/name].
[name]Delia[/name]-Very cute!
[name]Elodie[/name]-This is cute and seems like a good sister to [name]Mackenzie[/name].
[name]Hadley[/name]-I don’t like this, but I think it’s just me b/c I see it mentioned a lot on here.
[name]Lorna[/name]-I like the way this sounds, though it’s a very different style from [name]Mackenzie[/name]. I can’t quite picture it on a child.
[name]Lydia[/name]-This is pretty, but not quite right.
[name]Phaedra[/name]- Oooh this is my favorite.
Ramya-I’m not sure how to pronounce this, so I won’t comment.
[name]Verity[/name]-This is ok, just nms.

Overall I like your list a lot! My favorites are [name]Alistair[/name], [name]Cassius[/name], and [name]Phaedra[/name].

[name]Alastair[/name]- I like this one! I wouldn’t be brave enough to use it- I’m not sure how easily wearable it is- but I like it nonetheless.
[name]Anderson[/name]- I know a little [name]Anderson[/name] and he’s adorable, so I like it, but I think more because of the association.
[name]Archer[/name]- On it’s own, I don’t love it, but it’s okay, and a nice way to [name]Archie[/name].
[name]Benjamin[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] it. One of my favorites on your list, if a bit common.
Brodderick- I don’t like it at all, but I’m not quite sure why.
[name]Brice[/name]- Not a fan. All I can think of is rice. And I can only picture it on a lazy, twenty-something surf bum for some reason.
[name]Cassius[/name]- [name]Clay[/name].
[name]Kenton[/name]- Eh. Neutral.
Pherson- I feel like there’s a “Mc” missing.
[name]Ryker[/name]- I, too, associate it VERY strongly with the prison. I’d take it off the list ASAP.
[name]Vincent[/name]- Another one of my favorites. I love all the nicknames, and it’s just uncommon enough, without being bizarre.

Girls-

[name]Abrielle[/name]- I feel like it needs a “G” at the beginning.
[name]Bridgette[/name]- I’m not quite sure whether this is pronounced [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Brigitte[/name], or something else altogether, and the spelling looks like “[name]Bridge[/name]-ette” to me. But I like [name]Bridget[/name].
[name]Delia[/name]- I like it.
[name]Elodie[/name]- One of my favorites on the girl’s list. It’s elegant and beautiful. But I’m not sure about it with [name]Mackenzie[/name].
[name]Hadley[/name]- As a rule, I avoid any two-syllable names that end with “ley.” They’re just really, really, really overdone. [name]Hadley[/name] itself is uncommon, but there’s [name]Lily[/name], [name]Hayley[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Kinley[/name], etc. etc. So she may not share her name with anyone, but it’s in what is probably the most popular group of names for girls.
[name]Lorna[/name]- It’s okay, but a little consonant-heavy, which kind of makes it sound awkward to me.
[name]Lydia[/name]- Easily my favorite on the girls list. It’s classic, easily recognizable, beautiful, and still rare- a very good combination!
[name]Phaedra[/name]- I thought [name]Phaedra[/name] was some kind of tragic or evil character in Greek mythology. Or maybe a monster or something. I can’t remember, but maybe someone out there knows more about Greek mythology than me and can help you!
Ramya- Sounds like the beginning of some strange war cry or something to me. I have no idea why.
[name]Verity[/name]- I really like it, and it has a great meaning!

[name]Alastair[/name]- Cool and underused. I could see [name]Alastair[/name] with [name]Mackenzie[/name] too.
[name]Anderson[/name]- eh, too surnamey for my taste. Maybe [name]Anders[/name] isntead?
[name]Archer[/name]- I love this one too. It is hip and modern but still sounds down to earth.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- A lovely classic that you can never go wrong with.
Brodderick- This is name you dont hear often not even on this board, which I like a lot. It is a rather long name though, so it would probably need a nn. I like the way it sounds with [name]Mackenzie[/name].
[name]Brice[/name]- This one went out of style in the 80s for me.
[name]Cassius[/name]- Cool name. [name]How[/name] would you be pronouncing it? I say cash-us.
[name]Kenton[/name]- This one makes me giggle. My sisters bf is named [name]Kent[/name] and we all call him [name]Kenton[/name] to make his name sound more “complete.” [name]Ive[/name] never actually heard it used as a real name before. I do like it though, is it a family name?
Pherson- Is this prn like Fear-son? I’m not sure I like it.
[name]Ryker[/name]- [name]Way[/name] to violent sounding.
[name]Vincent[/name]- Another strong classic.

Girls-

[name]Abrielle[/name]- This sounds very incomplete and made up to me. [name]Gabrielle[/name] or [name]Brielle[/name] are both fine, but [name]Abrielle[/name] is a little off imo.
[name]Bridgette[/name]- This is a nice name but not my favorite off your list.
[name]Delia[/name]- I love this one. So feminine and underused.
[name]Elodie[/name]- This is our second favorite girls names. I love it! It is feminine and gorgeous but extremly uncommon. I would love for there to be more Elodies in this world!
[name]Hadley[/name]- Cute name. [name]Hadley[/name] fits the trendier style of [name]Mackenzie[/name]. However, I dont think you are obligated to go with a trendy name if that isnt your style.
[name]Lorna[/name]- Another name we dont hear often. I like it, but I prefer [name]Laurel[/name] or [name]Lara[/name].
[name]Lydia[/name]- Such a pretty and delicate sounding name!
[name]Phaedra[/name]- eh, I’m only luke warm to this one. Its not really my style but I suppose there is nothing wrong with it.
Ramya- eh, I dont love this one but its okay.

Okay, just for a reply to some of the comments…

I like the name [name]Anders[/name], but as a nickname to [name]Anderson[/name]. [name]Anders[/name] doesn’t seem like a complete name to me.

Brodderick is really long. It’s a compromise name. My husband likes [name]Brody[/name], I like [name]Derek[/name]. We came up with Brodderick. The length doesn’t really bother me though. Because there are nick names we could use. The only stigma I have with it is [name]Mathew[/name] Brodderick.

I pronounce [name]Cassius[/name] like ‘’[name]Cass[/name]-us’’ I’m not a big fan of ‘’[name]Cash[/name]- us’’ but I like the nick name [name]Cash[/name].

[name]Kenton[/name] was the name of my husbands great-great-great-great grandfather. And I think it’s just a cool/unusal name alternative to [name]Kenneth[/name] or [name]Kent[/name].

Yeah, [name]Ryker[/name] Island… It’s not a good association. I do like the name though. :confused:

Would Aubrielle look/sound better? I don’t like the name [name]Aubrey[/name] though. I like [name]Ariel[/name] and [name]Brielle[/name].

I originally had [name]Bridgette[/name] spelled [name]Bridget[/name]. My husband liked the idea of having another 9 letter name like [name]Mackenzie[/name].

If you look at Greek Mythology [name]Phaedra[/name] doesn’t have the best rep… she commited suicide after accusing someone of rape and having a curse placed on her making her ‘‘fall in love’’ with her sister’s son. The name it self means “bright” and I think it’s a pretty name. But way too bad of a conotation.

Ramya is pronounced Rah-mee-a or [name]Rahm[/name]-ee-a. I like it both ways. It means delightful/beautiful/elegant.

I like the name [name]Anders[/name], but as a nickname to [name]Anderson[/name]. [name]Anders[/name] doesn’t seem like a complete name to me.

Brodderick is really long. It’s a compromise name. My husband likes [name]Brody[/name], I like [name]Derek[/name]. We came up with Brodderick. The length doesn’t really bother me though. Because there are nick names we could use. The only stigma I have with it is [name]Mathew[/name] Brodderick.

I pronounce [name]Cassius[/name] like ‘’[name]Cass[/name]-us’’ I’m not a big fan of ‘’[name]Cash[/name]- us’’ but I like the nick name [name]Cash[/name].

[name]Kenton[/name] was the name of my husbands great-great-great-great grandfather. And I think it’s just a cool/unusal name alternative to [name]Kenneth[/name] or [name]Kent[/name].

Yeah, [name]Ryker[/name] Island… It’s not a good association. I do like the name though. :confused:

Would Aubrielle look/sound better? I don’t like the name [name]Aubrey[/name] though. I like [name]Ariel[/name] and [name]Brielle[/name].

I originally had [name]Bridgette[/name] spelled [name]Bridget[/name]. My husband liked the idea of having another 9 letter name like [name]Mackenzie[/name].

If you look at Greek Mythology [name]Phaedra[/name] doesn’t have the best rep… she commited suicide after accusing someone of rape and having a curse placed on her making her ‘‘fall in love’’ with her sister’s son. The name it self means “bright” and I think it’s a pretty name. But way too bad of a conotation.

Ramya is pronounced Rah-mee-a or [name]Rahm[/name]-ee-a. I like it both ways. It means delightful/beautiful/elegant.

My favs are [name]Kenton[/name] and [name]Verity[/name]. But all your names sounds good to me.