What Does Your Name Mean?

[name_f]My[/name_f] name has two meanings, “[name_u]Blessed[/name_u] Isles” and “Oath of God”

I’d love to know what your names mean! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Laurence means from Laurentum

4 Likes

My NB name means snow :blush:

3 Likes

My full name (First, middle, last) means 'Charming [name_f]Star[/name_f] of the [name_u]Sea[/name_u]".

I absolutely love my name’s meaning. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

My Nameberry name means “more desirable/ better” and “lake”… kind of a nice meaning actually.

1 Like

Lady of the castle. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name is a spice.

5 Likes

Mine means grace/gracious

1 Like

mine means favour or grace :slight_smile:

House of Figs? [name_u]Or[/name_u] town in [name_u]Jerusalem[/name_u] ([name_f]Bethany[/name_f])

1 Like

Greek for “joy” (this meaning why my parents chose it) or Latin for "beloved.

There’s also a Gaelic version that means “best friend” or similar.

There’s also a valkyrie with a similar name, although the root is different and her name meaning is disputed, but theorised as either “the wild one” or “the curly haired one” (the later fits me well haha).

I also learnt a few years ago that it means “possum” in one of the aboriginal languages.

So I have lots of options on any given day depending on how I feel. :laughing:

1 Like

Joyful and wild friend of beloved possums with curly hair :grin:

5 Likes

Dweller near the ash meadow ([name_u]Ashley[/name_u])

@ethelmary :laughing::laughing::laughing: what a name!

1 Like

My name means bitter, beloved, drop of the sea, wished for child, rebelliousness

Wow that’s a lot :joy:

2 Likes

Beloved drop of the bitter sea who is wished for a rebellious child

4 Likes

My name means favor, gracious, merciful, and beautiful, according to multiple baby naming sites :grin:

I don’t know what my birth name means, it’s just a “by-product” of my late aunt’s name, from what I was told, but my “other” name means “In olden times” or “[name_m]Long[/name_m] ago”,& could also mean "Witch"or “Sorcery” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My first name means ‘exalted one’. First middle is a [name_f]Mary[/name_f] variant so it means whatever you think that [name_f]Mary[/name_f] means and second middle means ‘noble’.

‘Universal’ and ‘Renowned warrior’ - the middle meaning is a bit more interesting to me!

Mine means [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]!

1 Like