What first names do you dislike because of people you have met?

I forgot about [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]. I’m very ambivalent about that because of personal experiences as well.

1 Like

Julia, [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] (5 in my grade and yet none of them are nice people :roll_eyes:), [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_m]Brenden[/name_m], [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]/Gillian.

Also [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. I honestly don’t care for the name to begin with, but in addition to that, I’ve known like 20 or 30 and only 2 of them were okay people.

1 Like

Amanda
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]

Amanda, [name_u]Noa[/name_u], & [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

Alexander. I still love it as a name but I knew an awful one. Wish I never met the kid so the name wouldn’t be tarnished.

1 Like

Anastasia, [name_f]Emily[/name_f], & [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Definitely [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_f]Erika[/name_f]. Both an [name_m]Eric[/name_m] and [name_f]Erika[/name_f] were horrible bullies. Which is a shame because I love the name [name_m]Eric[/name_m].

Nathan
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and all variations
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

Marci, [name_u]Levi[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]David[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]

Julia
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]

Connor
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

Harriet
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]/Sam
[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]

Olivia
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Karen[/name_f]
[name_f]Nyla[/name_f]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]

Megan
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

Elijah. my best friend for 13 years. never heard anything from him since the day i came out as a trans woman.

1 Like

Callista, unfortunately a girl who bullied me at school.

Billy, ugh - toxic, toxic, toxic…
What is actually sad, cause i quite liked the name befor. :roll_eyes:

Sienna, [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] and [name_f]Hailey[/name_f]. None of them are really my style anyway, but I always feel :grimacing: when I see them now.

Alice, [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], Mariola & [name_f]Freya[/name_f].

It’s strange because when I’m answering questions on nameberry I do suggest these names because I can definitely appreciate the beauty behind them but could never use for my actual daughter the associations are far to negative. Very toxic selfish people essentially. Which is a shame especially with Mariola it’s a Polish variant of [name_u]Maria[/name_u] so would honour people along with representing my ancestry.

3 Likes

Ella
[name_m]Jimmy[/name_m]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]