What if you had another sibling?

I decided to change up the usual subject on this board and make this post about you.
Let’s just use our imaginations here, and pretend that you have another sibling (or just a sibling if you have none). What do you think your parents would have named another child if they had had one? Or what do you think would work the best with your name and your siblings’ names?
First list your name, your siblings’ names, and then a name for a boy and a girl that you think would work well as a sibset for your family. [name]Just[/name] trying to mix things up :slight_smile:

I’ll start.
Me - [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
Brother - [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Michael[/name] “[name]Jake[/name]”
Imaginary sister - [name]Anna[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
Imaginary brother - [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name]

Your turn :slight_smile:

me: [name]Dominika[/name] “[name]Mikal[/name]” [name]Marta[/name]
imaginary brother: [name]Adam[/name] [name]Jonatan[/name]
imaginary sister: [name]Maya[/name] [name]Penelopa[/name]

the sister set more likely to come to my parents’ minds :wink:

I don’t typically name out my siblings, but as said in another thread, my mother wanted a [name]Michael[/name], and never got one, so for another boy, [name]Michael[/name]. Alternately, my mother also like [name]Keith[/name] and [name]Douglas[/name]. I think they are good examples of a suitable name for one of my siblings.

I have no idea what for another girl. It is kind of hard to pin down my mom’s taste for a girl, she seems to hate almost everything. I think [name]Melanie[/name] might go, maybe [name]Megan[/name] or [name]Shannon[/name]. [name]Emily[/name] was already #33 in 1978 (estimated year of birth), but I don’t think it goes in a sibset as it’s a revival, and my mother seemed to like fashionable and modern. Many of the top 100 that aren’t absolute rejects as a sibset, or just plain not my mother’s taste, sound disgusting next to my last name, and I know my mother to be very concerned with that. Names that start with K (my mother had already broken the pattern at that point) or sound too much like [name]Karen[/name] ([name]Erin[/name], [name]Tara[/name]) were also popular.

brother - [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Warren[/name]
sister - [name]Kathleen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
me - [name]Deborah[/name] [name]Sue[/name]
Names my parents would have come up with:
imaginary brother - [name]David[/name] [name]Allan[/name]
imaginary sister - [name]Valerie[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

What I would name my imaginary brother and sister:
[name]William[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

Me: [name]Meryl[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
bro: [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
sis: [name]Michelle[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
sis: [name]Melody[/name] [name]Angela[/name]

Imaginary bro: [name]Malachi[/name] Anthonio
Imaginary sister: [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Azul[/name]
My father named all of us and he obviously had a theme going. I know for a fact if I had a brother hi name would be [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Antonio[/name] as thats what [name]Melody[/name]'s names was going to be had she been a boy. When I was pregnant with my daughter my dad really pushed the name [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Azul[/name] I chose as my father is Mexican and I think it would have been a cute name.

Me: [name]Ann[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] ([name]Annie[/name])
[name]Sister[/name]: [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name])

Imaginary [name]Sister[/name]: [name]Frances[/name] [name]Bea[/name] ([name]Frankie[/name])
Imaginary Brother: [name]Roy[/name] [name]Bernard[/name]

I know for a fact that [name]Roy[/name] would have been the name for my sister or I if we had been boys. (I just picked a random family name as a middle.) [name]Frances[/name] is the name of a my mother’s grandmother. And my mom chose my sister’s name because it sounded good with [name]Annie[/name], and I think [name]Frankie[/name] fits. [name]Bea[/name] is another family name.

I’m pretty sure my mother’s requirements for names were:

1. Has a cute nickname.
  2. Is a family name.
  3. Goes well with [name]Annie[/name].
  4. Has a one syllable name in there somewhere.

ME: [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Elyse[/name]

BROTHER: [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] “[name]Ben[/name]”
[name]SISTER[/name]: [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Price[/name]

My mom always said that she wanted to name me [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Simone[/name], so I suppose that would be my other girl name. It might have to be [name]Margaret[/name], as none of us have nickname names. For a boy, they never thought of another boy name, but they mentioned that, when deciding my older brother’s name, they bounced around [name]Alex[/name] (his MN), [name]Ben[/name] (his name), [name]Sam[/name], and [name]Max[/name]. Because my sister has a name starting with S, I’ll pick [name]Max[/name]. I can’t picture my parents using [name]Maximilian[/name], so we’ll have to go with [name]Maxwell[/name]. [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]James[/name], to honor my dad, might be an option, or [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], to honor family.

My sibs:
[name]Boris[/name]
[name]German[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Nelly[/name]
[name]Evgeni[/name]
[name]Zoya[/name] & me, [name]Anja[/name]

While it is unlikely that my parents would have wanted another kid, they liked classic Russian names, and I know that my mother always loved the name [name]Anatoly[/name] for a boy, but my father didn’t. They may have chosen this for another boy. While I’m not sure if they took this into consideration, all of my siblings and I have different first-letters, so they may have chosen something like [name]Dmitri[/name].

For a girl, its more difficult, because my sisters and I have sort of disconnected names. [name]Anja[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] are similar and more common, while [name]Zoya[/name] and [name]Nelly[/name] (especially [name]Nelly[/name]) are a bit different. So, if they went more traditional, they might have ended up with a little [name]Irina[/name]. Or, if they wanted something a little more uncommon, maybe Klavdiya or [name]Faina[/name].

My mom said if my little brother would have been a girl he would have been [name]Destiny[/name], so im sure had i had another sister her name would have been [name]Destiny[/name], and my brothers alternitive names were [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Collin[/name]. And i was going to be [name]Michael[/name] if i was a boy.

Hmm … I’ll have to ask my parents! But for now, I am pretty sure that they would have picked a feminised boys’ name for another girl, to match my sister and I ([name]WiniFRED[/name] and [name]ADAMina[/name]). Perhaps [name]Harriet[/name], because I have a Great Aunt [name]Hattie[/name] who everyone adores, but that probably wouldn’t have been quite unusual enough for them.

For a boy, I know my mother has always loved [name]Tarquin[/name], and it seems unusual enought to match my brother, [name]Clovis[/name].

I would name her Joyful Loving [name]Friend[/name] because that is what sisters should be to each other.

Brother would be named [name]Samson[/name] (for strength) Honest Caring [name]Happy[/name] [name]Guy[/name].

Me - [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
Brothers - [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Galen[/name] [name]King[/name], [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Amos[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Charles[/name], [name]Chase[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
Imaginary sister - [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] (The doctors think I might have had a twin, and this is what her name was going to be!)
Imaginary brother - [name]Jack[/name] [name]William[/name]

Me- [name]Lyndsay[/name] Jenness
My Brother- [name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]

My mom had a miscarriage before my brother was born who she said would have been named [name]Michaela[/name] (I don’t know how she would have spelled it). It would probably be [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], or maybe [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. My mom loved the name [name]Scott[/name], so I’d guess that for a boy. Probably [name]Scott[/name] [name]William[/name].

[name]Lyndsay[/name], [name]Jeffrey[/name], [name]Michaela[/name] and [name]Scott[/name] go pretty well together, I think. [name]Even[/name] though I don’t really like [name]Michaela[/name] very much.

If were my parents I would have picked Lulette, [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] for girls. And [name]George[/name], [name]Robert[/name] and [name]William[/name] for boys.

I am [name]Lindsey[/name]. My brother is [name]Samuel[/name]. Mom also liked (for me) [name]Sierra[/name]. If I were a boy, I’d have been [name]Spencer[/name]. My brother would have been [name]Margo[/name] if he’d have been a girl. We are almost 10 years apart so I don’t think mom was concerned about us having names that went together…

I have a brother now that isn’t really my brother. He is a real person, and we have decided to be brother and sister. His name is [name]Leonel[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name] [name]Ignatio[/name]. He is my baby brother because he’s five years younger than me. I told him that my kitty is his nephew.

I’ve often wondered what it would be like to have had more than two children in our house. Specifically, what if we had a sister? [name]How[/name] would we have been raised differently? What if the third child wasn’t close in age to us?

I’m [name]Tristan[/name], and my younger brother is [name]Toryn[/name]. If there were a sister, I know what she would’ve been from what names we would’ve had had we been girls. Mom wanted an [name]Erin[/name], Dad wanted a [name]Gwen[/name]. No, we’re not any kind of Celtic (not much, anyway); my parents were just really into those names then. Mom also liked [name]Megan[/name], but realized it was too popular.

I don’t like [name]Erin[/name] at all. ([name]Nor[/name], for that matter, does my brother, because he thinks “[name]Aaron[/name]” when he hears it.) I don’t mind [name]Gwen[/name], but not with our last name. That’s why I don’t feel the names we have work well. Our last name ends in N. My mother really favored first names ending in N, specifically because our last name does. I find them too much like rhyme.

So, we would’ve been a matched set, but one quite far from my own naming style!

I have 5 sisters;

[name]Adriana[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Kortney[/name] [name]Melissa[/name]

and me;
[name]Tara[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]

for a brother… wow, I dont even know… mn would be either “a” r “m” as with my siblings now, maybe
[name]Brock[/name] [name]Aaron[/name] or [name]William[/name] [name]Mason[/name]

for a girl… I wouldnt even know aha!

me: [name]Kimberly[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

brothers: [name]Ryan[/name] Hamre, [name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]Phillip[/name]

If one of my brothers was a girl they she would have been [name]Amy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Another brother [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Clayton[/name].

Can you tell we were all born in the 80’s??

Haha. I was thinking about this the other day: I have NO idea what my parents were thinking when they named us. There’s [name]Derrick[/name], originally supposed to be [name]Derry[/name] (bleugh!), [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Jennifer[/name]. So… unusual, classic, and trendy?
However, my mom told me that they were throwing around [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] for me before they chose [name]Jennifer[/name]. So I’ll go with [name]Emily[/name] for another girl. And I think she said I would have been [name]Michael[/name], so we’ll go with that for another boy.

• Sorry, ahh…thing is not letting me delete this.-