What is in a name? (Romeo and Juliet)

Rewritten from ‘[name]Romeo[/name], oh [name]Romeo[/name]…’ forum. (First of all let me just say that I’m sorry for posting this in a baby name forum, because, yes, it’s not for a baby, it is for a character)
my question: what are some names to rename [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]?
There had been a lot of discussion about how “you should name the characters yourself”, or "supply a list for people to give their opinions on based on your question. so i decided to do this instead. [name]Just[/name] give me your opinion on substituting these names for [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] as my own modern day twist. Thank Y’all :slight_smile:

[name]Juliet[/name]:
[name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Ana[/name] ([name]Ah[/name]-Na) as in anastasia
ivy

[name]Romeo[/name]:
[name]Cricket[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
hayden

any opinions and/or suggestions will be helpful:)

Off of the girls list, I like [name]Maia[/name], although I prefer the spelling [name]Maya[/name]. [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] are both nice as well.

As for [name]Romeo[/name]…None of the names seem to fit very well, but I like [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Hayden[/name].

I like [name]Ana[/name] (but would most readers mistake it for [name]Anna[/name]?) and maybe a more exotic name for him like [name]Emilio[/name], [name]Raffaele[/name], or [name]Valentino[/name]. Not necessarily one of those exactly, but traditional with an exotic sound. Also, just so you know, there is a whole board here called Writer’s Corner for character names!