What names did you use to hate but now you like?

[name_m]Even[/name_m] just a month ago you would’ve never hear me say I like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but I’ll be darned if it isn’t starting to grow on me!! [name_f]Do[/name_f] any of you have names like that? Also would love to see names you used to like but now you don’t. Also, if you have any long term crushes that have been around forever!

For me, I used to love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] but I just don’t any more. It’s lost its flavor for me, but I know a lot of people still like it. As I got more exposed to names, my taste has definitely changed to rarer names (except [name_f]Stella[/name_f] apparently :smiley: ). And there’s really been no name that I’ve always liked for me… doesn’t bode well if I ever have to name a real human :-?

Perhaps almost all the names on my favourites list! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. Probably a few more too!

I used to like popular names, now I cant stand them
I used to dislike really unusual names but to be honest thats my favorite names at the moment so!

You know, there was a time when I could have listed off dozens of names that I don’t like, but as I’ve spent more time on Nameberry, I’ve found that my tastes have really broadened. Today I’d say that there are lots of names that I wouldn’t use, but almost none that I “hate”.

Some names that I have new appreciation for include: [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_m]Monty[/name_m], [name_m]Hubert[/name_m], [name_u]Joan[/name_u], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

I used to think [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] was too preppy/masculine/trendy, but it sounds like a strong female name and I like it. Also love it for a middle name for a boy.

I think [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is adorable for a girl, wouldn’t go with my last name but it’s so unique and pretty - I used to like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] but it’s getting too popular.

Usually popularity makes me dislike a name slightly (unfortunately). [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]…all pretty but I know so many of them :frowning:

[name_m]How[/name_m] cute is [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]??

I love [name_m]Monty[/name_m]! I used to like the more elegant, old-fashioned names like [name_u]Joan[/name_u] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but I’m currently on a strange kick… I’m not sure I’d ever like [name_m]Hubert[/name_m], though! :smiley:

I used to like names like [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], [name_f]Kayla[/name_f], [name_u]Raven[/name_u], and [name_f]Honor[/name_f] pre-Nameberry, to mention a few. Now, pretty much any girls’ name in my signature/on my Listography is something I love or at least like. As for boys, I used to love [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], [name_m]Colin[/name_m], and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] pre-Nameberry. Now, my favorite names are [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]. It’s a big change!

I also found a list of my old favorite name combos in my notes on my phone.

My combos on [name_f]October[/name_f] 22, 2014:

[name_m]Halloran[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Damian[/name_m] [name_m]Clark[/name_m] [name_m]Prescott[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m] [name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Davis[/name_m] Monterrey [name_m]Teague[/name_m]
[name_m]Tynan[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Susanne[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Dominica[/name_f] [name_f]Brie[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] & [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I used to not like “old lady” names…now i love [name_f]Edith[/name_f] and am considering it for my daughter :slight_smile:

A name i used to like and now don’t anymore is [name_f]Emily[/name_f]…

I was also not a fan of “old lady” names but over the years a lot of them have grown on me. 10 years ago I remember specifically not liking [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] but I like them all now.

I am much like @mrs_darling in that my taste has broadened ten-fold and I don’t find myself hating any names unless they’re due to a bad association with someone. When I was younger, I was obsessed with the name [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and was certain I would give that name to my future daughter one day. Needless to say, we are expecting our second in [name_u]June[/name_u] and it’s not even a name we’re considering if it’s a girl! Still a very beautiful name, however, but things change.