What names give you Tully as a nn for a girl?

[name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Tully[/name], what full names could be shortened to this?

Hmmmm

[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]
[name]Tula[/name]
[name]Tullia[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]/[name]Talullah[/name]
Teleri
[name]Thessaly[/name]

That’s all I can think of!

I think it could work for these too:
[name]Myrtle[/name]
Petulah
Betulah
[name]Gretel[/name]
[name]Crystal[/name]
[name]Petal[/name]

anything else that contains the “tul” sound…

[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Tullia[/name]

[name]Talitha[/name]
[name]Thelma[/name]
[name]Thekla[/name]
[name]Thalassa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Clotilda[/name] (And other names ending in -tilda/-thilda)
[name]Ottilie[/name]/[name]Ottilia[/name] (my favourite for this nickname!)
[name]Quartilla[/name] (and other names ending in -tilla)
[name]Taliesin[/name] (Welsh unisex name, pronounced tal-YES-in, means ‘shining brow’. Some research tells me that only nameberry calls it unisex though, it’s all boys name everywhere else… It reveals a mum who had changed it to [name]Tallis[/name] forher girl after a book she read.)

I say go with [name]Ottilia[/name]!! So sweet!

The only one I can really add to whats already been said is [name]Thalia[/name]/[name]Tahlia[/name].

I also like the suggestions of [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Tulip[/name], [name]Tula[/name]/Tulia (though makes me think of TOOL which I don’t like), [name]Petal[/name]. I do NOT like Petulah … sounds like someone spitting (patooie-lah!)

I suppose you could pick any first name that begins with T and then give her the middle name of [name]Lee[/name]. Then you would have T. [name]Lee[/name] – which could be a weird way of getting to [name]Tully[/name]. T’lee = [name]Tully[/name]? lol

Best natural way to get to [name]Tully[/name]… would be to just use the name [name]Tully[/name]. It is a legitimate Irish name which means powerful people or ruler of the people.

It’s quite a cute name, though I understand wanting a more legitimate/full first name to back it up.

You have probably already read this blog, but I found it while looking up [name]Tully[/name] and it might give you some encouragement to use the name if you so choose.

In the book [name]Tully[/name] by [name]Paulina[/name] Simons [name]Tully[/name] is short for [name]Natalie[/name]. I think it sounds better coming from a name that has a “[name]Tah[/name]” sound as in Natalie, [name]Tull[/name]ia, Tallulah, rather than [name]Petula[/name] for example, which is a “Too” sound…If that makes sense. I agree with the pp who said that you can just use [name]Tully[/name] which is a name in its own right. My cousin called her daughter [name]Tully[/name] after her aunt who is called [name]Natalie[/name]. :slight_smile:

Now that you drew my attention to [name]Natalie[/name], I have to 100% agree that [name]Tully[/name] would be a perfect nn for [name]Natalie[/name]! I don’t typically like nn that play off the latter portion of the name cause it just seems odd and forced to me, but I think it works here since there are so few good name choices to get to [name]Tully[/name]. (besides just using [name]Tully[/name]…)

[name]Natalie[/name] gets my vote =D