What names have we missed?

[name]Just[/name] noticed this post–those “names” that you pointed out were actually part of definitions that somehow got listed as names. We worked on that last week and hope we caught all those technical glitches.

I knew this girl in college named Darrilyn-I think that was how she spelled it. I tried to look it up and I couldn’t. Have you ever heard of Darrilyn? Maybe it’s Darilyn.

1 Like

Sounds like an early invented name – [name]Marilyn[/name], except her daddy’s name was [name]Daryl[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a note: [name]Isannah[/name] was not the heroine of [name]Johnny[/name] Tremain. [name]Cilla[/name] ([name]Priscilla[/name]) was. No big deal, just a side note.

Edited to add:
On “variations of [name]Henry[/name]”, [name]Herrriot[/name] was listed, with three r’s. You might want to correct that.

2 Likes

Almanzo is missing. He was [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls Wilders’ husband. I tried to put his name on one of my lists and couldn’t do it. Digory, a boy’s name is also missing. [name]Aravis[/name], a girl’s name, is missing. Digory is a character in C. S. [name]Lewis[/name]’ book “The Magician’s Nephew”, and [name]Aravis[/name] is a girl in [name]Lewis[/name]’ “The Horse and His Boy”.

I was missing those names too! [name]Aravis[/name] is so pretty, especially with [name]Ava[/name] being so popular.
Some of the nicknames/variations are off. I mean, Image as a variation of [name]Lee[/name]? Cute as a variation of [name]Jory[/name], it doesn’t even show? What?

That is so funny! This girl acted like she was the [name]Queen[/name] and she looked like [name]Catherine[/name] Denouvre or however you spell it. Her last name was [name]Lord[/name], and she had lived in [name]England[/name]. I always assumed she had a very tasteful name, but I guess I didn’t really think about it.

sometimes text “wanders” into the variations section and we have to pluck it out-- thus Cute under [name]Jory[/name] etc. So thanks for alerting us to these. We’ll work on adding the other names. Thanks!

I’ve tried to research this name and came up with nothing. It’s the name of one of my student’s mom, she is from [name]Holland[/name], I believe-

Siaska

Interesting. Definitely not [name]Saskia[/name]? That was the name of [name]Rembrandt[/name]'s wife and is well used in [name]Holland[/name] though hasn’t traveled to the U.S. – a real beauty!

Interesting [name]Pam[/name]…I will have to make sure I didn’t read it wrong! Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

• edited…her name is indeed Siaska. Maybe it is made up…I love the way it looks though!

I am a teacher, so often I have students with unique names. (and, some students make me like names more or less depending on their personalities!) A few that I have had in the past are Inna (ee-na) and Allister, which seems like an Americanized Allistair.

Yes! I think you’re going to have to get the story of that name and send it to us.

and, a girl I went to college with was named [name]Micaiah[/name] (mik - [name]KAY[/name] - ah). She said it was a biblical name and all of her siblings had biblical names too!

1 Like

[name]Havilah[/name]

1 Like

[name]Havilah[/name] and [name]Micaiah[/name] are now on nameberry – good ones! thanks!

Might I suggest [name]Cole[/name] as a nickname for [name]Nicole[/name]?

I was adding my Creole Girls to a list and I have a few not in the database: Pelagie, Poupon, Sanite, Teres, Thereze, Vistoire, Zelime & Zulime. I’m going to vbe working on the guys next so I may be back to add a few from that list here.
(these are off [name]Parish[/name] rolls from [name]Concordia[/name] [name]Parish[/name], Lafourche [name]Parish[/name], Natchitoches [name]Parish[/name], [name]Winn[/name] [name]Parish[/name], [name]Grant[/name] [name]Parish[/name], LaSalle [name]Parish[/name] & Catahoula [name]Parish[/name] between 1800 & 1930, parts of LA my Great Grandfather and family lived in & around) [name]Just[/name] in case you were wondering where I dug these from.

I was adding my Creole Girls to a list and I have a few not in the database: Pelagie, Poupon, Sanite, Teres, Thereze, Vistoire, Zelime & Zulime. I’m going to be working on the guys next so I may be back to add a few from that list here.
Yep, here are the guys that weren’t in the database:
Barthelmy, Benedicte, [name]Celestin[/name], Erasme, [name]Etienne[/name], Francois, [name]Honore[/name], [name]Hortense[/name], Hypolite (those last three seem feminine butwere definitely male), Leonide & Zeolide.

(these are off [name]Parish[/name] rolls from [name]Concordia[/name] [name]Parish[/name], Lafourche [name]Parish[/name], Natchitoches [name]Parish[/name], [name]Winn[/name] [name]Parish[/name], [name]Grant[/name] [name]Parish[/name], LaSalle [name]Parish[/name] & Catahoula [name]Parish[/name] between 1800 & 1930, parts of LA my Great Grandfather and family lived in & around) [name]Just[/name] in case you were wondering where I dug these from.

Bouwina and Taosina. I know an old lady named Bouwina. I think her name is Dutch. Taosina was [name]Kit[/name] [name]Carson[/name]'s wife [name]Josefa[/name]'s middle name.