What names have we missed?

Nephel as a female name. It is of Old Greek origin and a variation on the girl name [name_f]Nephele[/name_f] meaning “cloudy” and given to the goddess of the clouds and mother of centaurs by [name_m]Zeus[/name_m]

3 Likes

Yes, I recently saw a little girl called [name_f]Albertine[/name_f] “Albie” on Instagram and I think the nickname could definitely work on its own for a girl.

5 Likes

Everyone’s always saying “unisex Brynmor!” “unisex Albie!” I admire those efforts, but where’s that same energy for making [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] unisex? It’s just [name_u]Berry[/name_u] favorite [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but with a C appended, so it would be great for a boy!

8 Likes

And [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] ends in the trendy -o ending a lot of boys names that are hot right now do, so I think it could be really cool on a boy

2 Likes

Male Cleos exist:

(Source: Forebears)
8 Likes

[name_m]Ender[/name_m] for a girl.

4 Likes

Anyone else think Xenon would make a great name? Same with Fluorine or Niobium.

6 Likes

I’d still like to see [name_m]Angelus[/name_m] added one day :blush:

1 Like

Well, it has a link :grin:

2 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] I had JUST searched to see if it had been added yet :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I noticed that many Portuguese names are misspelled, don’t have a description or do not appear on Nameberry

[name_m]Bernardo[/name_m] is the portuguese version of [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] (not [name_m]Bernado[/name_m] - it’s mispelled)
[name_m]Filipe[/name_m] is the portuguese version of [name_m]Philip[/name_m]. [name_f]Filipa[/name_f] is the feminine version.
[name_m]Tomé[/name_m] is a variation of [name_m]Tomás[/name_m], the portuguese spelling of [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateus[/name_m] is the portuguese version of [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
Ângelo is the portuguese spelling used for [name_m]Angelo[/name_m]. Ângela is the feminine version
Mário is the portuguese spelling for [name_m]Mario[/name_m]
[name_f]Safira[/name_f] is the portuguese spelling for [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Bia[/name_f] (bee-uh) is the portuguese nickname for [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]
[name_f]Eduarda[/name_f] is the feminine version of [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m], which corresponds to [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_f]Caetana[/name_f] and [name_m]Caetano[/name_m] are the portuguese version of [name_f]Gaetana[/name_f] and [name_m]Gaetano[/name_m]
Fábio is the portuguese form of [name_m]Fabius[/name_m]
[name_f]Carminho[/name_f] is a nickname for Carmo or [name_u]Maria[/name_u] do Carmo. Carmo is a form of [name_u]Carmel[/name_u].
[name_f]Letícia[/name_f] is the portuguese spelling of [name_f]Letitia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] is the portuguese and spanish variation of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Madalena[/name_f] corresponds to [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
Olímpia corresponds to [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Francisca[/name_f] corresponds to [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_m]Francisco[/name_m] to [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_f]Benedita[/name_f] and Benedito are the portuguese feminine and masculine portuguese forms of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
Áurea means “golden”. It’s used in Portuguese and Spanish.
[name_m]Gil[/name_m] is the portuguese version of [name_m]Giles[/name_m]

14 Likes

[name_f]Merry[/name_f] as a boy’s name! :heart:
[name_m]Meriadoc[/name_m] Brandybuck is known exclusively as [name_f]Merry[/name_f] in The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings trilogy! Would love to see it added!!

10 Likes

Maat, like the ancient Egyptian goddess? :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’d love to see the names Fialka, Muna, Roya, and Pera added.

5 Likes

Would love to know how this works as well!

Stoker as a boys name. An [name_f]English[/name_f] word name meaning “furnace tender”, can be related back to author [name_m]Bram[/name_m] Stoker of Dracula

3 Likes

Ayomide (pronounced eye-oh-mee-dee). A Yoruba name meaning “my joy has arrived”.

I know that it is used for girls, but I’m not sure whether or not it is used for boys too.

5 Likes

i would love to see madlenka, a slavic diminutive of magdalena !

12 Likes

I think Mory deserves to be on Nameberry. It’s a [name_u]French[/name_u] name and also a nickname for [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Moriah[/name_f], etc.

5 Likes

And YouTube persona [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_u]Page[/name_u] has a daughter Mory

2 Likes