What names have we missed?

Haha yes I know I love it so much I had to use it as a logo! :wink:

1 Like

Eirwen (AIR-win)! A Welsh name meaning ‘snow white’, I believe.

Also Kemi. I don’t really know anything about it, unfortunately, but I’ve heard it around, but it isn’t on the site.

5 Likes

What about Soleia? @pam @katinka

5 Likes

I don’t think the boys name Agamemnon is on nameberry

’ as a boy’s name is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Agamemnon is “working slowly” . Greek mythology: a mighty warrior and hero who commanded the Greeks at the siege of Troy.’ I got this from another naming site @pam

5 Likes

similar to the previous comment, I’d love to see Patroclus added! BTN has the meaning listed as “Glory of the father”, though I’m not 100% sure how correct that is.
Patroclus is another figure from Greek mythology and related to the Trojan war. I think if [name_m]Achilles[/name_m], [name_m]Priam[/name_m], [name_f]Andromache[/name_f], [name_m]Aeneas[/name_m], etc are on here, then the lovely Patroclus should be too :blush:

8 Likes

Lonneke

From what I’ve read, it’s a Dutch diminutive of Apollonia and Leonarda.

7 Likes

Addley - [name_f]English[/name_f] Origin, Means “God is Just”, Spelling Variation of [name_u]Adley[/name_u], Female, [name_m]Graham[/name_m] Addley (1963-) Canadian Politician
Madyn - [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]Zealand[/name_u] Origin, Means “Small Dog”, Spelling Variation of Madden/Maddyn, Gender Neutral
Umma - Arabic Origin, Means “Joy”, Female

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], the name Vilee isn’t on here, which is a nickname or variant of the name [name_f]Viola[/name_f]. I had a great great aunt called Vilee.

1 Like

Calais/Calaïs, Eloïse, Aurèle, Chérie, Gisèle, Élodie, Anaëlle, Maélie, Léoline

Cavalier, D’Artagnan

3 Likes

Graihagh (rhymes with Freya)- a Manx word name meaning “lovable”.

[name_m]Juan[/name_m] is also a Manx variant of [name_u]John[/name_u] (or Eoghan), pronounced JOO-in

1 Like

Stiorra - Means star, little star in Norwegian

3 Likes

[name_m]Fenn[/name_m] as a girl name

2 Likes

I’d still like to see Caggie added to the database (she says 7 years later haha). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This isn’t a “New Zealand” name. It’s a spelling variation of the Irish name Madden which means “little dog”.

5 Likes

Kinvara is an Irish place name derived from Cinn Mhara, the Irish Gaelic for “head of the sea”. A notable bearer is the writer Kinvara Balfour, born 1975. I had to suggest this name be added to the database after @namelover55 brought it up. Thanks, Emily, for making me aware of this name!

8 Likes

aww! it’s a beautiful name!

1 Like

Lukariah, Hastings, Rhysand, Lexander, McCoy,

Periwinkle, Soleia, Poema, Fernleigh

1 Like

During the Olympics when I made a series of CAFs, I found quite a number of names not linked to the database. I’ve tried to do some research and found some with meanings, but for the ones I haven’t I’ve put the nationality of the Olympian. Apologies if any of these have been added since then.

Starting with some of the girls:

Madalina (Romanian form of [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], meaning high tower. Also can be spelled as Mădălina)

McKenna (the [name_f]Mckenna[/name_f] spelling is listed in the database, is it possible to add McKenna spelling – Irish, son of the handsome one for both variations)

Elsabeth (means God is my oath, alternate form of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (hebrew))

[name_f]Sunisa[/name_f] (can’t find anything on origin, but the Olympian was [name_f]Sunisa[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u], who is Hmong American)

Maellyse (variant of [name_f]Maelys[/name_f] (?), Olympian was Maellyse Brassart of Belgium)

Anastasiia (Russian variant of Anastasia?)

Viktoriia (Russian variant of Viktoria/Victoria)

Urara (Japanese name meaning serene, beautiful)

Mykayla (spelling variation of Michaela/Mikayla etc.)

Shallon (can’t find origin, Olympian was Shallon [name_m]Olsen[/name_m] of Canada)

7 Likes

The McKenna spelling is the one used within the entry itself. I’m not sure exactly what is up with that.

As far as I’m aware, we can’t add names with capital letters in the middle due to the way names are entered.

1 Like