What names have we missed?

Thanks for the clarification, I thought that might have been the case.

1 Like

Ilsabe. It means ‘God’s Promise’ or ‘God is my Oath’. It’s pronounced ill-SOB-uh

3 Likes

I noticed Abcde doesn’t have an entry. I understand it’s polarizing, but my understanding is it gets a fair amount of use?

5 Likes

Song - Chinese surname, word name

5 Likes

chamberlain! english, means “chief officer of the household”

1 Like

[name_m]Ymir[/name_m] is in the data base, but only under boys names. There is a girl in Attack on [name_m]Titan[/name_m] whose name is [name_m]Ymir[/name_m], there are also lots of names from aot that aren’t in the data base either

3 Likes

Please add Estia

Estia - Variation to [name_f]Hestia[/name_f]. Greek goddess of the hearth.

6 Likes

Could you add Junebug? It’s for a girl :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup – 373 in the last 30 years or so.

Abcde - Wikipedia.

4 Likes

Sotiria is a Greek girls’ name derived from soter meaning “savior, deliverer”, i.e. [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m].

3 Likes

Zali - A Hebrew name meaning “princess”, derived from [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. Notable bearer is Zali Steggall, bronze medallist at the 1998 [name_u]Winter[/name_u] Olympics and Australian politician.

9 Likes

Eefje: [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] diminutive of [name_f]Eva[/name_f]

5 Likes

[name_f]Radha[/name_f] is an [name_f]Indian[/name_f] unisex name derived from the Sanskrit for “success”, borne by the god Krishna’s favorite consort. Radhika is a feminine variant.

3 Likes

I’d love to see Olaia and Aularia / Eularia added. All three are variations of [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] / [name_f]Olalla[/name_f] that are used in Spain. Aularia and Eularia are old Catalan versions and Olaia (also spelled Olaya) is a spelling variation of [name_f]Olalla[/name_f].

4 Likes

I’d really love to see Alemayehu added! It’s a unisex name that comes from Amharic, and means “I have seen the world.” A notable bearer is Alemayehu Eshete, an Ethiopian singer.

3 Likes

Names we came up with screwing around in a [name_u]Love[/name_u], Like, Lose game for words that aren’t names but don’t you think they ought to be? (think Arson):

• Aviator
  • Corduroy (like the bear)
  • Elite
  • Pashmina
  • Stardust
  • Revolution
  • Vanilla
2 Likes

You didn’t miss this one, but could you make it gender-neutral? The name is [name_m]Kip[/name_m].

2 Likes

Also, could you add Iuka? I don’t know what it means, but it’s pronounced eye-YOU-kuh

2 Likes

Lunaria is one of my daughter’s name, and I will continue to champion it being added to the database!! :fist:
Solandra is so gorgeous!

9 Likes

Akerke is a Kazakh name that should be added! It means white, clean, pure, etc

1 Like