What shall we name Harmony's brother?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there. [name_m]Just[/name_m] found out yesterday that we’re expecting a baby boy. We had an incredibly difficult time settling on a name for our first born so I am really dreading the responsibility of selecting yet another human being’s name. This part is never as fun as I thought it would be.

Our little girl is [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], what would you name her Brother?

(We’d like to include some form of [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] at least as a middle name to honor my husband’s late father.)

Hoping you guys can make this process easier on me :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

~[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]

The first name that comes to mind is [name_m]Davis[/name_m]. I love it!

[name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_m]Turner[/name_m]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]/[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Slade[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]

I’m not sure what style you like in boys’ names so if there are some that you are thinking of that would help with suggestions, I could brainstorm around those ideas.

Umm it depends on what style of name you like for boys. I have different preferences for boys names than girls. But with [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] as a sister maybe you would like:
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_u]Rohan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Flint[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]

Good luck.

I like these names with [name_u]Harmony[/name_u]:

[name_m]Davian[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Carlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Maddox[/name_m]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Marlon[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]

Good luck!

[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]/[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

Wow, you guys are good :slight_smile: Some of my current favs are on each list so I hope that means I’m not too far off the mark.

I’d like to use the same guidelines we did when naming [name_u]Harmony[/name_u]: easy to pronounce, easy to spell, gender obvious. The only thing I’m not sure about is uniqueness. I originally liked the name [name_f]Emma[/name_f] but I didn’t want my daughter to be referred to as [name_f]Emma[/name_f] L. so I picked something that was a little less common without being too extreme. I’m not sure if we should go with 2 unique names, or chose a boy name that is a bit more mainstream.

Here are some of my current favs:
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Quinlan[/name_m]

The other tricky thing is that my husband is from a big, baby making family, so a lot of our favorite names have been used (didn’t help that it took almost 6 years of struggling with infertility to get our first baby). There are already 30+ grandkids and 40+ great grandkids and growing so it is tough to find a name that is still available :stuck_out_tongue: Each of your lists contain at least one name that was on my original list but that has since been taken hehe ([name_u]Easton[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u])

What do you think of these?
[name_m]Ryland[/name_m]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] (maybe too popular?)
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]

So it appears I am once again a bit more adventurous with names than my husband :stuck_out_tongue:

There are currently 3 that we agree on and probably a few more that we could compromise on.

1.) [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] - I think [name_m]Henry[/name_m] goes nicely with [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] but I’m worried about the popularity. We worked hard to find a name that wasn’t in the top 100 for [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], and #29 just seems too popular to me (although it was only #60 here in TX last year).

2.) [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] - This is one of my top contenders. Not sure I love the nn [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] though. Also curious if people would pronounce it as 2 syllables (EV - [name_m]RHETT[/name_m]) or 3 syllables (EV-[name_m]AH[/name_m]-RETT). We have a similar issue with my niece [name_u]Josie[/name_u], some pronounce is JOEZEE, other JOESEE. This pronunciation issue may be enough to remove this one from the list now that I’m thinking about it.

3.) [name_m]Cole[/name_m] - This one really just came up as an option today. I like that it is easy to spell, masculine and not super popular. I don’t particularly love it with either [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] as a middle name though so I’m torn between abandoning our desire to honor my late father-in-law or branching out and finding a more creative middle name.

Now that I’ve gotten over the shock of having a little boy, I’m getting excited to meet him, but I’m anxious to get settled on a name so I don’t have to keep calling him [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Boy.

I think you are on the right track!

I really like [name_m]Cole[/name_m]! What about a variation… [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Davidson[/name_m]? [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Davis[/name_m]? [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]Davies[/name_m]? I agree that [name_m]Cole[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] sounds a little choppy, but I think exceptions can be made and names don’t need to have a perfect flow when you are honoring someone.

Oh and to touch on another point you mean, I definitely pronounce [name_u]Everett[/name_u] with one syllable, and have never heard it pronounced in 3. Also, I agree with you that [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is too popular :frowning: