🥀 What Should I Name This Character?

I need help from my fellow writers to name a character of mine! This girl is the main character of a story I’m planning, and I’m just agonizing over what to name her. Anyway, I’d appreciate any suggestions you might have!

The story is set in a dark land where a huge mountain range separates two groups of people–humans and elves. Both are oppressed by a common ruler, who cultivates a hatred of each other in order to maintain her control over both sides of the mountain. The story begins with the main character living in a destitute human village, living in the same ignorance of reality as everyone. However, as she grows older, certain characteristics of her become more pronounced, and at age sixteen, she comes to the realization that she is not human, but, in fact, an elf. And as one of the people that all on her side of the mountain despise, the main character’s elvin ancestry poses a threat to her life.

Now for a brief description of the main character’s appearance:
She is smaller than average and quite slender, and it’s partly because of malnutrition. She has very long, thick, dark chestnut hair that’s seldom trimmed–no one in her town has the time to worry about hair. Her ears are slightly pointed at the tips, more so than is normal for humans. Her black-lashed eyes are usually downcast to hide their vibrant teal irises, and her skin began fair at birth, but all her time in the fields, with the sun beating down on her bare skin caused her to tan to a dark golden-brown color. Obviously, her wardrobe is plain and sparse–mostly consisting of brown or gray tunics, with one treasured, dark reddish cloak for the winter.

She is extremely intelligent, imaginative, and quiet. She is of an inquisitive nature, but she learned to control that after several dangerous scrapes she got herself into as a young girl. She is a loner by choice–although it’s somewhat necessary, given her secret. She is someone who could learn to be outgoing and charming, but the way she grew up molded her into a lonely introvert. As self-possessed as she is, others rarely glimpse her temper. Unfortunately, she tends to keep all her anger to herself when it arises, and lets it boil and simmer inside her until she snaps. Being extremely sensitive, she developed the bad habit of hiding her emotions and turning every negative one into anger to avoid weakening herself. Communication is not her strong point, having been secretive and silent most of her life. Her voice is quiet and silvery, with an accent that naturally tends to be sharper speaking the human language than when they speak it themselves. She has a tendency of biting her lower lip when nervous or excited, and a tell-tale sign of her anger is a hard, unrelenting stare.

Sorry for that long description; I got rather carried away :grimacing:
For names, I’m looking for something not too long, not too short. Rather exotic or elvin-sounding; definitely not a common girl’s name!
Thank you so much in advance–I’m looking forward to seeing your suggestions! :shaved_ice:

1 Like

[name_u]Aruna[/name_u]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarimond[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleora[/name_f]
[name_f]Delora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eirian[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Emeria[/name_f]
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiora[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]
[name_f]Iskra[/name_f]
[name_f]Kasmira[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]
[name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvana[/name_f]

Your story sounds interesting, I love the concept! :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Naia[/name_f] / [name_f]Naya[/name_f]
[name_m]Maewyn[/name_m]
[name_f]Candela[/name_f] / Candella
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f] / [name_f]Lumina[/name_f] / [name_f]Lumia[/name_f] / [name_f]Luminara[/name_f]
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
Elondra
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you!! :two_hearts: Your list has just the right vibe to it that I was thinking of.
I think I’ll seriously consider [name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f], [name_u]Aruna[/name_u], and [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] for my character! [name_m]Ty[/name_m] again :rose:

I love [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]! [name_f]Lumia[/name_f] is also really sweet. Thanks for your suggestions! :strawberry:

1 Like

No problem! :grin:

1 Like

Your story sounds so interesting!

I would say:
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Dia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Saga[/name_f]
[name_f]Laverna[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these helped! :leaves:
Xx

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] and [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] are lovely possibilities. :heartpulse:

1 Like