What the verdict on Blue? Middle name, nickname, or nothing?

Personally? I don’t like it. I can see the appeal, but [name_u]Blue[/name_u]'s really just not my thing.

Where I live, [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is a brand of beer :wink: I don’t think I can get past the beer, gloomy and colour associations. It could work, but I prefer [name_f]Azure[/name_f].

I personally don’t like it at all but it is modern and cool.

I think [name_u]Blue[/name_u] makes a pretty cool middle name. I don’t really like it as a first name though.

NOTHING. Beyond awful

No she didn’t (though, Beyoncé and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] do seem to be on good terms, so I’m sure she’s cool with the association).

Beyoncé’s daughter’s name actually comes from [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Z’s album titles. He has:
The Blueprint
The Blueprint II
The Blueprint III
the next logically would be The Blueprint IV.
So, they named their daughter [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (“I-V”).

Beyoncé also has an album named 4 when she was released when she was pregnant with [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Beyoncé was born on [name_f]September[/name_f] 4th, They were married on [name_f]April[/name_f] 4th (4/4), etc.

[name_f]Adele[/name_f]'s second middle [name_u]Blue[/name_u] was a pick from her now long-estranged father. I believe the story is that her name was going to be [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] Adkins, but he wanted [name_u]Blue[/name_u] as the first name (as in the musical genre Blues), mom thought it sounded dumb. So, the compromise was [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] Adkins lol.

I don’t like blue as I make I think it’s too out there.

Blue is completely fine in the middle imo. I have it as a middle for a few names, as I think it sound nice, and it’s my favourite colour. To be honest I don’t really think of Beyoncé’s daughter, so I wouldn’t jump to the connection. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] is great, and [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] as well!

[name_u]Blue[/name_u]/Blu is great imo. But I would reserve it for the middle name.

For another example, there is a little one named Ätlᴀs Blü _____. His mn is for his dad’s stage name, Jönny Blü.