What to Name a Baby to Tattooed Parents?

Yes! I was thinking the same thing. That’s why I paired it with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is such a classic, yet quirky and happy little name!

Yes, I see lots of x’s. Always gives a name more edge! [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m] are great names.

Aw thanks for your kind words and input on the names in my signature.

And thank you for doing this awesome research! These are some great names.

I totally see [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Kat[/name_f] and [name_m]Nikko[/name_m] being names of kids who have parents with tattoos.

I think of more offbeat names. Boys that are soft, natural or obscurely vintage and girls names that are quirky but powerful.

Boys like:
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_m]Cove[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m]
[name_m]Quill[/name_m]
[name_m]Gallagher[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
Oleander
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Moses[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

Girls like:
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Acadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willamina[/name_f]
[name_f]Tesla[/name_f]
Meridian
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Plum[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u]! I’m shocked by what classic, yet [name_u]UNIQUE[/name_u] names I’m seeing with this post. I love it.

[name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] really stand out to me.

I have no tattoos (yet) but my fiance has a few including a half sleeve & we named our son [name_m]Lysander[/name_m].

Now, I can definitely see the name Jaid ([name_f]Jade[/name_f]) [name_u]Marley[/name_u] on a boy that has tattooed parents & for a girl Graylie. I know a [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] who’s parents have tons of tattoos & piercings & she’s gorgeous! She has dark features & olive skin. She’s the cutest little girl ever!

I’m struggling to imagine one singular kind of tattooed person. What decade would they be drawing inspiration from?

I can see someone with delicate midcentury sort of tattoos on their wrists or ankles as using very simple and dainty names for girls, sort of [name_m]French[/name_m]-inspired: [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Lucie[/name_f].

With a tattooed Rockabilly couple, I think those sort of [name_m]French[/name_m] but not-quite-ready vintage names like [name_f]Paulette[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Linda[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Jolene[/name_f], [name_u]Joan[/name_u], [name_f]Jeannette[/name_f], [name_f]Theresa[/name_f], etc.

I get the sense tattooed glam rockers will pay homage to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] - [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Damon[/name_m], [name_m]Cooper[/name_m], all possibilities.

For a sort of emo couple, I figure something like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] (after the MCR song) or [name_m]Gerard[/name_m] (after the lead singer XD). Or any name from any [name_m]Tim[/name_m] [name_m]Burton[/name_m] movie, so your standard classic [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Sally[/name_f], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], etc.

I am a little bit alternative myself and would like a tattoo once I decide on one(s) so you may just want to look at my signature! XD

Sorry, this is difficult but interesting XD

Kids with tattooed parents I know:
[name_m]Cooper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaelynn[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] (mn???)
[name_u]Cody[/name_u] [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Jayden[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] (mn?)(x2)
[name_u]Dayton[/name_u] (mn?)
[name_f]Mercedes[/name_f] (mn?) (G)
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] (mn?) (G)
[name_m]Damien[/name_m] (mn?)

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] is such a cool sounding name! Could totally see him having tattooed parents.

I love [name_f]Jade[/name_f] and also think it could be very fitting for a child with tattooed parents. [name_u]Marley[/name_u] was on my s/o and I’s list for awhile, but I think we both decided it wasn’t a very liked name and felt a little too much like a pet’s name. But I do love it in the middle spot.

I also love [name_f]Moon[/name_f]! I don’t think my s/o would ever go for it… but I love how it sounds in the middle.

Great list! Some names that I totally remind me of tattooed parents are [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f].

I agree, there’s def not one type of tattooed person. And I’m not trying to be stereotypical either I guess. [name_m]Just[/name_m] thought this topic would be interesting :slight_smile: I’m tattooed myself so I always wonder what others would think. For me personally, when I think of a tatted up person, I think of someone they would be considered “hipster” and would use classic names like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_m]Amos[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

Thanks for sharing each “group.” I really enjoyed reading your post and names.