What vibe does Axel give you?

I think ttc is starting to take its toll on my husband because he suddenly proposed a name (he’s not interested in names at all)
So he proposed [name_u]Axel[/name_u], and I’m not liking it (former classmate stuff) but I thought, maybe it could grow on me. [name_u]Or[/name_u] not. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not sure what to think of it besides a dumb middle schooler.

1 Like

Definitely a strong masculine name, but the X gives it a cool edge. I feel like an [name_u]Axel[/name_u] could rock a black leather jacket, but in a chill hipster way - you know, while holding a $8 coffee.

I asked my husband, too, out of curiosity. His immediate response was “motorcycle gang member,” so :woman_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

it honestly makes me think of an axe

2 Likes

I like [name_u]Axel[/name_u] :slight_smile: It’s rugged, cool and strong but with a bit of stylish fun thrown in.

(Alec might be an alternative, or Ansel)

1 Like

I think [name_u]Axel[/name_u] is a great name! Very cool rocker vibes (from [name_m]Axl[/name_m] Rose), with a European flair.

1 Like

Edgy and modern

1 Like

I agree, modern & rocker vibes! I personally prefer [name_m]Aksel[/name_m], which might help you associate it less with the [name_u]Axel[/name_u] you knew?

1 Like

A decade ago, rocker biker etc, but today, it gives me more handsome Scandi like [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m] or [name_u]Elias[/name_u]. Maybe [name_m]Aksel[/name_m] is the way forward?

2 Likes

This exactly!

2 Likes

I don’t love [name_u]Axel[/name_u], but I will suggest some alternates that might be a compromise.

[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]
[name_m]Hardy[/name_m]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Ledger[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m]

1 Like