What would the next sibling be named?

I know a family with two children: [name]Elliott[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. What would be a good name for the next baby?

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Claire[/name] are so regal and lovely! I would definitely stick with a name ending in a hard T sound, such as:

[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]

[name]Abbott[/name] [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Barrett[/name] [name]George[/name], or [name]Abbott[/name] [name]George[/name] are cute!

[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is adorable, as is [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I love [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]. I can also see [name]Juliet[/name] with [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], maybe [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]May[/name], or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Belle[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] for a girl. Also like [name]Vincent[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name].

If they want a T theme, I’d personally go with a name that has one T instead of two, because while I think that [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] looks okay, something like [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Emmett[/name] or [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Juliette[/name] looks too matchy to me. That’s just me, though. :slight_smile:

If they want a name with a T:

Boys’:

[name]Emmett[/name] (Oops-- too close to [name]Elliott[/name])
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

[name]Bennett[/name] (I like the names with one t better though…)
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

(I can better see [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] with a non-surname sibling, though. Of the surnames, my favorites with [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are [name]Truman[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], and [name]Grant[/name], because they have a vintage feel to me.)

Girls:

[name]Margaret[/name]/[name]Margot[/name] (then again, they have [name]Charlotte[/name]'s “ar” sound)
[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] (oops…Contains [name]Elliott[/name]'s “el”)
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

If they’d like to avoid locking themselves into another T name:

[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]William[/name]

(If they’d like a double letter theme, they may also like [name]William[/name], which has [name]Elliott[/name]'s double Ls. There’s also [name]Maxwell[/name], but it contain’s [name]Elliott[/name]'s “el.”)

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] (contains the double Ls, which is less obvious than the double T theme to me…[name]Elliott[/name] starts with “el,” though)
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]

Best wishes to you and your friends! :slight_smile:

Three setts of names ending in double “t’s” are quitte mattchy!

Lol! :slight_smile: Well said…

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Jill[/name]! :^) [name]Glad[/name] you laughed!

I think the next daughter should be named [name]Ffion[/name] because

1. “F” is different than “T”
  2. There are two “F’s” but they are at the beginning of the name. There is a lot of variation.

For similar reasons but involving the letter “L”, the next son could be named [name]Lliam[/name].

I actually thought that [name]William[/name] could work, because it follows the double letter theme, but uses [name]Elliott[/name]'s Ls.

Have a good night!

I don’t think they’re planning to have more children, I was just wondering what would round out the sibset. I know that if [name]Elliott[/name] had been a girl, he would have been [name]Lydia[/name] and if [name]Charlotte[/name] had been a boy, she would have been [name]Oliver[/name]. I think both [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] were suggestions here too, which is funny. I actually find [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] more matchy than [name]Elliott[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] but I’m not sure why. Maybe not matchy, but tongue-twistery.