What would you add to my list?

Listed below are the names I keep coming back to. Some are unusable for various reasons. My kids’ names are Bent0n Gr0ver, @rwen Eli@beth, and R@ven @zalea @nn. What would you add for boys and girls?

Boys:
Jasper
Forest
Luther
Hugo
Clarence
Darcy
Lachlan
Thorin
Emmett
Oscar
Grant
Isaac
Ronan
Kipling
Edgar
Magnus
Caspian
Phoenix
Silas
Tolliver
William
Daniel

Girls:
Sylva
Ingrid
Cleo
Temperance
Truly
Rose
Dorothea
Magdalen
Elanor
Ferelith
Saoirse
Guinevere
Gwendolyn
Hazel
Imogen
Juniper
Lilou
Luna
Maple
Melody
Nola
Opal
Pearl
Fern
Ruby
Violett
Willa

Bonus: if you like, please let me know which ones from my lists you feel go best with my kids’ names.

love your kids names! did you notice you have an -n theme going on? this could be a deciding factor for names you might be thinking about for another child, whether they’d be your last and whether you’d keep the theme.

i feel your names are just the right mix of familiar, naturey and adventurous, i think these are the best fits from your list:
caspian, kipling, lachlan || phoenix, jasper, tolliver
fern, gwendolyn || guinevere, dorothea, maple, cleo
-especially caspian, kipling and guinevere!

you have plenty great options, but here goes some ideas,
caspar
linus
claude
klaus
lawrence
lawson
dawson
day
dalton
oren
bowen
thackery
killian / cillian
kian / cian
kieran
gray
roland
clarke
edmund
felix
otto
hayes

rosen
indie
sylvie
irie
truett
margarida
marigold
niamh
aoife
manon
june
mabel
song
zola
dominique
nell
hallie
dahlia
meadow
daisy

but did i mention i love your list??

2 Likes

@Aren yes, I’ve noticed the N ending theme. :face_with_peeking_eye::laughing: It was a total accident through the first 2. To make it even worse, my husband and I both have N ending names too. When #3 came along I wanted to name her [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], but my sister threw a fit saying she’d feel left out. [name_f]Raven[/name_f] was not mine or my husband’s first choice, but she loves her name and that’s all that matters now. [name_f]My[/name_f] kids are 14, 11 and 8. We thought [name_f]Raven[/name_f] would be the last, but hubby had a vasectomy reversal last year and we’re trying conceive what we’re calling our second litter (my nickname is Cat). :joy: Since there’s a large age gap, and we’d like to have 2-3 more, I’m not concerned about continuing the theme, but I don’t want to pick any N ending names as first names if we don’t continue it. Does that make sense? I do like the idea of using an N ending in the middle and I fully intend on having 2 middles for each child born to this litter. lol

Thank you for your suggestions. [name_m]Lawrence[/name_m] probably should have gone on my list. It’s one of those I love, but can’t use. [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] is definitely on the middle name list. I’m loving [name_m]Thackery[/name_m] more and more. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is adorable. And I love [name_f]Sylvi[/name_f] and [name_f]Indy[/name_f] as nicknames for [name_f]Sylva[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I’ll suggest:

[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Everest[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Kelso[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_f]Darby[/name_f]
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
[name_m]Macauley[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Sinclair[/name_m]
[name_m]Sidney[/name_m]
[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Kessler[/name_m]
[name_m]Corbin[/name_m]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Jennings[/name_m]
[name_m]Camden[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Herbie[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Stanley[/name_m]
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m]
[name_m]Taran[/name_m]
[name_m]Gareth[/name_m]
[name_m]Melvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Hewitt[/name_m]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Grady[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
Wilkins
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_m]Nestor[/name_m]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Zaylie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zola[/name_f]
[name_f]Blair[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] / [name_f]Isolda[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f] / [name_f]Una[/name_f]
Mithian
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Willamina[/name_f]
[name_f]Frankie[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Merryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Merrily[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Elswyth[/name_f]
[name_f]Pepper[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Idalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delyth[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_m]Tully[/name_m]
[name_f]Suvi[/name_f]

If I were to choose from your list to go with B, A and R, I’d go with:

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Forest[/name_m], [name_f]Darcy[/name_f], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_m]Emmett[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m], [name_f]Sylva[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_f]Melody[/name_f]

Making some sets:

B, A, R, [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Forest[/name_m] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
B, A, R, [name_f]Sylva[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
B, A, R, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
B, A, R, [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], and [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
B, A, R, [name_f]Darcy[/name_f], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], and [name_m]Forest[/name_m]
B, A, R, [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

1 Like

@Greyblue I love [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], [name_m]Everest[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] (is the ending to close to Raven’s?), [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Corbin[/name_m] (I don’t like that the last syllable is so similar to the first syllable of Benton), [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] (too [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] with Raven?), [name_m]Eben[/name_m] (ditto Corbin), [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Willamina[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Merrily[/name_f], [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f], [name_f]Pepper[/name_f], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_f]Carys[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]. Thank you!

Your [name_f]Sylva[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] sibling combination has me swooning! I adore [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], but it sounds super close to our last name. I can’t decide if I hate that or not. And our last name was actually derived from [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] so it would be like naming my kid [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Williams[/name_m]. Again, I’m not sure how I feel about that. I kinda like the quirkiness of it, but most people seem to think it’s ridiculous when people do that.

1 Like

I took the liberty for making combinations out of your list, as well as with the names I think would match the naming style of [name_m]Benton[/name_m], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], and [name_f]Raven[/name_f]!

boys:
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Phoenix[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Emmett[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Luther[/name_m]

girls:
[name_f]Sylva[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Darcy[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] [name_f]Nola[/name_f]

I do think your naming style is a nice mix between nature and vintage, so here are some other names I think you might like.

boys:
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Lawrence[/name_m] Marner [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m] [name_m]Ellis[/name_m]

girls:
[name_f]Sedona[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]

Hmm, I think it might be okay - especially if you put it last in the set? So, say you had three more, and chose perhaps [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], they wouldn’t be said next to each other that often - and since you’d have other kids, it wouldn’t feel too much? Still, if it feels too much for you, I think you’ve got lots of other lovely choices.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], didn’t quite think of that. I should have with [name_m]Eben[/name_m], but maybe it’s because I say [name_m]Ben[/name_m]- and -bin quite differently in my accent? But yeah, if it doesn’t feel right to you, as I say, you’ve got other wonderful choices!

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], didn’t consider that either. For me, I wouldn’t have thought of that (I haven’t really engaged with anything HP related for a long while), but if you like it enough, maybe check in with people around you - and your kids - to see if they’d make that link?