What would you choose? Hazel, Violet, etc etc

I’m due to have my second girl in a couple of weeks. My elder children are called:
[name]Tomas[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I like the old turn of the 19th century names. So we’ve narrowed it down to this so far…

BTW, all the middle names are family names so she’ll definitely have [name]Therese[/name] as a middle name.

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Therese[/name]

What are your thoughts?

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Therese[/name]: I think [name]Daphne[/name] is gorgeous. That said, with a little girl named [name]Minnie[/name] (I think it’s precious, by the way), I’d stay away from [name]Daphne[/name], which may be shortened to [name]Daffy[/name] by some. ([name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Daffy[/name] would be too Disney. ) :slight_smile:

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name]: I adore [name]Hazel[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name]: I think [name]Pearl[/name] needs a longer middle name, but I do love [name]Pearl[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Therese[/name]: I think [name]Sadie[/name] is really cute, too.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Therese[/name]: I love [name]Violet[/name], but with [name]Therese[/name] in the middle, the Ts blend together. What about [name]Viola[/name] [name]Therese[/name]?

With [name]Therese[/name] in the middle, I’m going to vote for [name]Hazel[/name]. :slight_smile: I love the names on your list. :slight_smile:

More:
[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] (not the best with [name]Therese[/name], though), nn [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Cordie[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Eleanora[/name] (nn [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Nell[/name]/[name]Nellie[/name])
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name])
[name]Mabel[/name] (nn [name]Maisie[/name], which is actually pretty matchy with [name]Minnie[/name])
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nell[/name])
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Therese[/name] -I’m with [name]Jill[/name] on the [name]Daphne[/name] nn “[name]Daffy[/name]” Disney unintentional theme. Is [name]Minnie[/name] short for something? I think [name]Daphne[/name] is also a little more fancy.
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name] -Also I love the name [name]Therese[/name] (and [name]Teresa[/name]). [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Tomas[/name] sounds ok.
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name] - NO. Because of [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. Look her up on google, she was a fixture on Hee Haw and the Grand [name]Ole[/name] Opry, and wore a tablecloth patterned dress and a straw hat with the tag still on it. Not that that makes her a bad person. It’s a nice name, I like it otherwise.
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Therese[/name] -Seems to go the best with the other names.
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Therese[/name] -also like, but it seems to be on a very different plane from [name]Minnie[/name], unless [name]Minnie[/name] is short for something and you call them both by nicknames. [name]Violet[/name] just seems more elegant, if you will, less casual and down-to-earth than [name]Minnie[/name].

I’m not against nicknames as full given names, I just think it sets a tone. If her given name is a long-form in the same atmosphere as [name]Violet[/name], I’d give that one a go.

my favorites in order:

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Therese[/name]

[name]Tomas[/name], [name]Minnie[/name], and [name]Pearl[/name] would be a lovely sibset.

What are your thoughts?[/quote]

Ohhh - fun names! I vote for [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Therese[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Therese[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are so beautiful and a great mix of classic and unique!

Hey everyone thanks for your thoughts! Yes [name]Minnie[/name] is her full name. It was once a nickname for [name]Mary[/name] or Wilhemina but became a name in it’s own right around 1880. It was wildly popular then and died out about 1920 - probably when [name]Minnie[/name] Mouse took ownership. I adore it.
I think we’ve narrowed it down to hazel, violet or daphne. It’s hard decision!!!

I vote for [name]Hazel[/name]! :slight_smile:

Another vote for the lovely [name]Hazel[/name].

[name]HAZEL[/name]!

[name]Sadie[/name] would have been my second choice, but you said it was eliminated.

definitely hazel - i love the name, and i think it’s beautiful with therese and a great addition to your sib set :slight_smile:

Another vote for [name]Hazel[/name]. It goes best with the other names and sounds great with your intended middle name. It’s also super adorable.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Therese[/name] is my vote!!! I love it
2nd choice would be [name]Hazel[/name]

good luck

My husband is rapt! [name]Hazel[/name] is his top choice. Mine was violet and daphne. I kind of thought violet would have been more popular.