What would you do?

I need some advice and was hoping to get some opinions on what you would do in my position. I’m not pregnant yet but have had a name picked out for a future son should I ever have another, the name is [name]Archer[/name]. Well, today my cousin gave birth to twins and of all the names in the world she could choose she gave one of the twins the middle name [name]Archer[/name]! We have never discussed the fact that I liked this name and she was keeping the twins names a secret, so it’s a total coincidence. [name]Do[/name] you think it would be okay to still use this as a first name for my son one day? We’re not very close but do see each other on holidays and family gatherings etc.
So what would you do? I don’t really like any other boy names and really love the name [name]Archer[/name]… Also any suggestions of names similar in style to [name]Archer[/name] as an alternative?
(Already have 1 son, [name]Weston[/name] [name]Silas[/name])
Thanks for the input!

I would ask your cousin how she feels. Tell her it is your favorite name and that you had been planning on using it prior to her choosing it. She may not have a problem with it at all. And if she doesnt than I dont see a problem in using it. If they both had the same fn it might be weird but being as it is just a middle I dont think it is too big of a deal. You have me curious though, what did she name her twins?

She named the twins:
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Callan[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
Thanks for the feedback!

I love [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Callan[/name] is nice too. I forgot to suggest other names that a similar to [name]Archer[/name]:

[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Alden[/name]
[name]Foster[/name]
[name]Forest[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Edison[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Turner[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! Some names that remind me of [name]Archer[/name]:

[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]

I’m so sorry your name was used. Darn! I agree with the previous poster, though. To me, it would be an entirely different story if she chose [name]Archer[/name] for the first name, but to me, middle names aren’t on the same level as first names. Plus, like you said, you don’t see her often. You could always ask her how she feels (although she may feel pressured to tell you it’s okay for you to use [name]Archer[/name], even if she feels differently). You love [name]Archer[/name], and I personally think it would be a shame for you not to be able to use it on a future son.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile: