What would you name a sister to Douglas?

Not expecting, just collecting…

I don’t have any children at the moment, but for a while now my favourite boys name has been [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] (with the nickname [name_m]Dougie[/name_m]). I know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I like it and it holds personal significance.

My other favourite boy names (I think) go with it okay, but my girls I’m not sure. Maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’m not sure about [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] with [name_f]Ochre[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], and it definitely doesn’t feel right with [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] or [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]. ([name_f]My[/name_f] girl names are all over the place, but that’s a separate issue! :joy:) This doesn’t bother me too much, but it would be nice for my future sibset to “go together”.

So, what would you name a sister to [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]? All suggestions welcome, even if you think they’re not my style.

Thanks!

I think [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] ‘’[name_m]Dougie[/name_m]‘’ is so cute!
I think [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] work together.
I’d go for something that feels a bit more familiar (but not too common) with a friendly and cozy vibe
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Auburn[/name_u]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Lainey[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Maura[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Merry[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]

1 Like

A few of these were on my list already so I’m glad you think they work! Some I hadn’t considered before but I like are [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Fauna[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. Thank you!

How would you pronounce [name_f]Maura[/name_f], would it be like more-ah or mow-rah?

1 Like

Hm, like [name_f]Laura[/name_f] with an M, but I’m not sure if that’s the correct pronunciation and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear the other one!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] “[name_m]Dougie[/name_m]” and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]” would be sweet also…
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] / [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

1 Like

Rosalie, [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] were already on my list so maybe I’m not so wrong after all! I really like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f] and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. Thank you!

Alice is an old favourite of mine too, but I took it off my list because I know too many of them. I might add it back again though because I’m not super close with any and they’re all older than me.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]/Dougie
I think these names sound nice
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] ( [name_f]Edie[/name_f])
[name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]

1 Like

Edie and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are so sweet! Thank you :blush: I’m glad you like [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] too!

You could have [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f] for short. I think [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] sound gorgeous together.

1 Like

I love that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

From your list I think [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] fits the best with [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]

Martha
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
[name_f]Lidia[/name_f]

1 Like

Hi there.

You know, [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] is not my style, but it’s fun & refreshing. You don’t meet little Dougies very often, & I love that is has special significance to you. I think that [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] all go fairly well w/Douglas. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] maybe a little more out there (even though I love it), but it doesn’t clash or anything.

Sorry for any repeats, but here are a few suggestions:

Audrey

Audra

Anne

Bridget

Emily

Ellen

Flora

Hannah

Holly

Imogen

June

Lucy

Lilian

Mary

Maureen-I love [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] & [name_f]Maureen[/name_f]…maybe nn [name_m]Dougie[/name_m] & [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Sarah

Susanna

Tessa

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like all of these suggestions, especially [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] :blush: thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words :blush:

Someone else also suggested [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] & [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and I’ve now added them to my short list! I love the idea of [name_m]Dougie[/name_m] & [name_f]Molly[/name_f] but unfortunately we already have a [name_f]Mollie[/name_f] in the family :sweat_smile: [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are lovely too. Thank you!

Mary
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Patricia[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions :blush: I’m really torn between [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] atm! [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] and [name_u]Marie[/name_u] are all lovely.

Douglas and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

1 Like

My favorite girl names currently are…

Scarlett
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m glad you like [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] too! Thanks for the other suggestions, I really like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] especially. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Scarlett is very pretty :blush:

1 Like