What Would YOU Name a Sister to Lillian?

I’m definitely 100% sure that [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] is my favourite girls name. However, the sibling names I’ve got with it, eh, I’m not so sure on. (This always happens when I finally have a #1 favourite).

[name_f]My[/name_f] ideas so far are:

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Vera[/name_f] - both honour the same person though, so I’m unsure on it.
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Ada[/name_f] - is [name_f]Ada[/name_f] too close to [name_f]Ava[/name_f]?
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - is [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] too clunky next to the sweet and charming [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]?
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] - would this trap me into an ‘n’ theme?
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] - too floral?
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] - is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] too clunky and ‘old’ with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] being so popular here now?
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - is [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] going to be always spelled as [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]?

The [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] in my family had a sister named [name_f]Violet[/name_f], so that’s one I’m not sure on.

What would you name a sister/sisters to [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about my ideas?

I like them all except for [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. I also see [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] in your signature (although I prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]) and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] would be a great sibset as well.

I really like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f] together (deapite honoring the same person.) They sound great! I also adore [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is by no means clunky. I think it’s cute!

From your list I like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] the best… I would avoid [name_f]Violet[/name_f]/[name_f]Iris[/name_f] if you don’t want a floral name theme. And [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] rhyme…

other suggestions:
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f]

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the input! I too prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but I felt [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] made a better combination. I love [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f] together, but I feel as though it might be overkill, haha. I love my [name_f]Vera[/name_f] combo though. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] stands out a lot for me, maybe I can grow to see myself with an [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], haha.

I really like [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] too, but I wasn’t sure haha.

@mbrow222 - I just realised that with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] myself hahahaa (I’m slow). I’m not sure on [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]/[name_f]Adeline[/name_f], I feel as though she’d always be mixed up with [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]'s. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is lovely, but alas, the name of one dreadful, nauseatingly obnoxious woman I know, so I just can’t imagine using it. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is pretty but maybe not my style. I like it in the middle spot though :slight_smile:

I found a few more I like with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] (although none are in my top names really);

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about those with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? :slight_smile: