What would you name brothers to

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!!

What would you name two brothers to [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and [name_u]Charles[/name_u]?

Some info that you can choose if you want to read

Okay, so I’m writing a fanfic for [name_f]Villette[/name_f] by [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] (yes, I know, niche, weird :woman_shrugging::grin:) and since it centres on one of the characters - [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] Fanshawe - I want to name her siblings. In the book, she has five sisters and three brothers, but we only know the name of one - [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. I’ve decided on the names [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] for two of the sisters and [name_u]Charles[/name_u] for one brother but I still need two more names for the brothers! The book was published mid 1800s btw

Thank you so much for any thoughts!!

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_u]Henry[/name_u] :ear_of_rice:

1 Like

[name_u]James[/name_u] ( Jim) and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] (Artie)

1 Like

@seawillow thank you!! I can definitely see [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] working!!!

@tori101 [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is brilliant!! Thank you :heart:

@Ehrob1 ooh [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] nn [name_u]Artie[/name_u] is wonderful- thank you!!

1 Like

Absolutely love this. :relaxed: I’d name her other two brothers [name_u]William[/name_u] “Willie” and [name_u]George[/name_u] “Geordie.”

Other ideas that come to mind are [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], and [name_u]Edward[/name_u] “Teddy/Ed.”

1 Like

@snowmaiden ooh thank you! I like [name_u]William[/name_u], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and Edward!!!

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Reginald[/name_m]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]Maurice[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

1 Like

@elanorelle thank you!! [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m], aand [name_u]Francis[/name_u] are great!!

1 Like

[name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_m]Lothario[/name_m]

1 Like

@janeybaby ooh [name_m]Lothario[/name_m] is an intriguing choice and I’m sure it would be fun to come up with a story behind it!

1 Like

I love this idea, I was so curious to know her other siblings’ names! Maybe:

[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Hiram[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Walter[/name_u]
Frederic(k)
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_u]John[/name_u]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u]
[name_m]Herbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] :heart_eyes:
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] / [name_u]Edward[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]

@Gia.berry right!! [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] are so interesting, I just wanted to know the others! [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]Robert[/name_u], [name_m]Herbert[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] are great!! Thank you!!

@alessia810 Thank you!! I love [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] and Lawrence!!

1 Like

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]