What Would You Name Theo's Ten Kids? (using my lists!)

Hello, friends!

I’m trying to make sense of which of my top names are actually my favorites, so I made a list of my current top tens for each sex. [name_f]My[/name_f] girls tend to stay fairly consistent, but my boys fluctuate constantly.

Therefore, I wanted to know which ten names from my current top 30 (five girls and five boys) would you name my ten children, if you had full control and why?

If you are able, it would be incredibly helpful if you could explain why you chose the names you did, but of course any and all responses are appreciated!

Without further ado, here are my current twenty favorite names:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Love[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Claramae[/name_f] [name_m]Truth[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Glory[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f] [name_f]Christabell[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Haven[/name_f]

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m]
[name_f]Haven[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_f]Sage[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Courage[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Worthy[/name_m]
[name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Eliel[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]
[name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Wise[/name_m]
[name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Valor[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Blessing[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Justice[/name_m]
[name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m]
[name_m]Elm[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Also, I want to be very clear that these names are just for fun and not for the purpose of actually naming a child, so usability isn’t a factor!

1 Like

This is so fun!!

For your ten kids, I would go for…

[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Courage[/name_m]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Claramae[/name_f], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_f]Haven[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m], and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

For the first two, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Love[/name_f] were such easy picks, they’re just so you!! I also love the sweetness of [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], which is why she was picked third (her vibes are just so perfect with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and Evangeline)
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] was picked because I absolutely adore her as a combo (she’s my favorite combo of yours!!), and then [name_f]Claramae[/name_f] [name_m]Truth[/name_m] was chosen because I feel like she matches the springy, carefree vibes of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], while still holding the same virtuous effects as [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f], [name_f]Love[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f], and Remember!!
If I had to choose one more girl, she would be [name_f]Glory[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]

For boys, [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Courage[/name_m] are two names I very heavily associate with you, so again easy picks!! I love your love for [name_f]Haven[/name_f], so he had to be included. For the final two picks, I absolutely adore the way [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] fit with your cottagecore-biblical vibe, and I think [name_m]Blessing[/name_m] and [name_m]Worthy[/name_m] are just so perfect for you!!
If I had to choose one more boy, he would be [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] all of them, but if I had to choose:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] love this one! I don’t know why, I just do.
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] - I love the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Remember[/name_f] is so sweet as a middle. It feels soft and graceful while still important and meaningful
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - I’ve just always loved the name [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and paired with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] it’s so sweet. The long first with shorter middle works so well.
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - So whimsical and fun. I would adore having the name [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]. [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f]!
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] - Personally, the most my style. [name_m]Classic[/name_m] and beautiful.

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m] - [name_f]Adore[/name_f] this one! I knew a [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], so I feel like it would be weird for me to use it, but in general, I love the name so much!
[name_f]Haven[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] - The meaning of [name_f]Haven[/name_f] is so sweet. Feels like a soft and fun name.
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] - So fun! I love how whimsical it is paired with [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but a classic option with [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Worthy[/name_m] - I love the middle name! So meaningful and sweet and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] pairs so well with it.
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Blessing[/name_m] - Same as above, I love the middle name and lovely paired with [name_m]Silas[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m]

1 Like

First is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] - because I know it’s one of your favorites, and as a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] myself, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a pretty great name to have, I’d recommend it.

Second is [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] - because that is a great combo and I love it so much, I would use that for my own son in a heartbeat :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

Third is [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] - it’s very you, and a good way to bridge the styles of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] and [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].

Fourth is [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], because it’s a very sweet combo and goes along well with all the other names so far.

Fifth is [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] - I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] in the same sibling set, and I love [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] with [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].

For the sixth (Ada Remember), seventh (Asher Courage) eighth (Willow Madgalene), ninth (Ezra Worthy), and tenth (Meadow Ruth) combos, it’s the same sort of reason - I just like them, and think they go well with the siblings I already named.

DM: [name_m]Theo[/name_m]
– DD1: [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f]
– DS1: [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
– DS2: [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m]
– DD2: [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
– DS3: [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
– DD3: [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f]
– DS4: [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Courage[/name_m]
– DD4: [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
– DS5: [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Worthy[/name_m]
– DD5: [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - just stunning. The nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is SO sweet and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] without that nickname is just beautiful too! The imagery I get with [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is sparkling gold during sunset!
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - obsessed with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - anything with Mary/Magdalene/Margaret/Maria/etc has my vote. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] is a classic favorite but paired with [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] it is especially pretty.
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] - I don’t LOVE [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] as a name, but this flows so well and I love the meaning of [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] aside from being a name.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] - this one seems the safest for me!
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m] - mostly for [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], but love the meaning behind [name_m]Pax[/name_m] too!
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] - this combo is so literary and fun!
[name_f]Sage[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - love the idea of [name_f]Sage[/name_f] on a boy paired with a masculine classic name.
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Justice[/name_m] - this is mostly because I like [name_m]Abel[/name_m].
[name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] - mostly because I love [name_m]Jude[/name_m], but [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] feels so strong with it!

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_f]Sage[/name_f], [name_m]Abel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Love[/name_f] – Absolute perfection of a name! Always love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] as a first and I love [name_f]Love[/name_f] as a middle name and paired with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] it’s just so darling :heart_eyes:
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] – I love the name [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] so so much and [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] adds such a sweet and classic touch!
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Haven[/name_f] – [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] is one of my favorite names and paired with [name_f]Haven[/name_f], it makes the ladder so much more sweet. It makes me appreciate [name_f]Haven[/name_f] more :smiling_face:
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] – I usually prefer [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] but [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] is just as sweet and [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is so beautiful and so joyful (literally). This combo flows so well!
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] – I always loved this combo of yours but I was debating putting it on here because all the other girls have a long first name and a shorter middle name but [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Remember[/name_f] feels so complete that it fits in with the others perfectly in my opinion!

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] – It feels so lively, young and free but with some “maturity” with [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] as the middle which I really like.
[name_f]Sage[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] – Always love the “Word name” “Classic name” combos and this one is just so sweet :heart_eyes:
[name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] – Same as above, they go so well together too!
[name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Bravery[/name_m] – [name_m]Just[/name_m] so gorgeous, it’s so well balanced in my opinion, I love it!
[name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Eliel[/name_m][name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]River[/name_m] as a first name! Never heard of [name_m]Eliel[/name_m] but I love the sound, it feels magical!

Your combos are absolutely gorgeous as always [name_m]Theo[/name_m] and I would be delighted to name my children with any of these names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] [name_m]Justice[/name_m]
[name_m]Elm[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]

1 Like

Lucy Hallelujah
Cornelia Joy
Marigold Grace
Glory Arabella
Claramae Truth
Shepherd Pax
Ezra Worthy
Asher Courage
River Eliel
Levi Prosper

explanations:

The overall explanation is 'I associate them with you and can’t imagine you not having them on your list!

Lucy Hallelujah → a you name; literary, sweet/strong Lucy with the bold Hallelujah
Cornelia Joy → clunky cute, christmassy, bright
Marigold Grace → nature-y, sunny charm, grounded middle
Glory Arabella → bold but familiar, elegant but not too much
Claramae Truth → a smoosh name is necessary, and Claramae is dreamy
Shepherd Pax → a you name, strong, storybook vibes but earthy, grounded and sweet too
Ezra Worthy → lovely meaning and great balance
Asher Courage → gentle and cheerful, bold but gentle
River Eliel → River feels very you, plus an unusual Biblical choice for the middle, which feels right
Levi Prosper → can’t imagine you without Prosper and Levi feels balanced well with it

1 Like

My choices for girls:
Ada Remember
Meadow Ruth
Lucy Hallelujah
Susanna Blythe
Willow Magdalene

These are my favorite first names from your girl’s list, which is what tends to be my priority, but I also like the combos as a whole. (Well, technically I like Willow and Hazel about equally, but I like Magdalene better than Hosanna so that’s what I chose for the fifth name). I think Lucy Hallelujah has a really sweet, bright, glowing energy, while Ada Remember, Meadow Ruth, and Susanna Blythe have a sort of gentle, soft tenderness and poignancy. Willow Magdalene is unexpected but nice, with the grave and ornate Magdalene providing an interesting counterpart to the modern Willow.

Boys:
Levi Prosper
Asa Wise
Rowan Gabriel
Silas Blessing
Jude Bravery

This was harder, because I like almost all of the FN choices a lot, but some of them sound too similar for brothers, at least to my taste, so I had to choose between Asa and Asher, or River and Levi. So these are my favorites of the sound-alikes and the names I think complement them best. I really love the Levi, Asa, and Rowan combos especially, they’re so sweet, soft, and charming.

Edit: ugh, I paid all this attention to making sure the brothers sounded good that I didn’t think to compare to the sisters and gave you both Ada and Asa. Those are probably my two individual favorite names/combos on your list, though, so I really feel like I can’t pick between them. Oh well.

1 Like

[name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

[name_m]River[/name_m] [name_m]Eliel[/name_m]
[name_m]Asa[/name_m] [name_m]Wise[/name_m]

Honestly just picked my favorites from both lists!

1 Like