What Would Your Parents Have Named More Siblings?

I thought this would be a really cool question:

If you (and any siblings you have) had more siblings, what would your parents have named them.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom said any additional brothers that I’d have would’ve been [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]. She said [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] for a sister.

So if my mom had six kids (like she’s always wanted), we would’ve been:

[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Bryce[/name_m]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom considered [name_m]Wheeler[/name_m] or [name_m]Rider[/name_m] for another boy if she had one.

2 Likes

I think if I had a sister, she would have been Angeliki or Olivia! With Efstathia as a middle name, if she had one at all. My parents never considered any boy names, other than what they used for my brother’s name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it would’ve been [name_f]Morgan[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] for a boy!

Although my mom did say when she heard the name [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] that if she knew about it then it would’ve been in the running!

1 Like

[name_f]Liza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] are the only other names they had picked out for more, specifically for my youngest two bio brothers so I’m sure another girl would definitely have one of those names. Another boy likely would have been nameless as they never could agree on boys names and it was almost always a struggle :sweat_smile: I recently asked my mom and she just said she was glad her and dad would never be naming babies together again as it was likely to end in divorce the next time. She said she personally always loved [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] nn [name_m]Kit[/name_m], which would have been my name if I had been a boy, but dad would never consider it after me (I’m their oldest bio kid). They also would likely have a family name somewhere in there, as all the rest of us do, so a few contenders I know of would have been [name_m]Denver[/name_m], [name_f]Monroe[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], or [name_m]Howard[/name_m].

For reference, all the kids the named together are some spellings changed for privacy:
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] McKenzie [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] (me, first after my paternal grandma, second middle is moms)(would have been [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Jakob[/name_m] nn [name_m]Kit[/name_m] or [name_m]Jakob[/name_m] if a boy)
K@rah Jeann3tte (first to honour a [name_f]Tarah[/name_f], middle is maternal grandmas)(would have been [name_m]Bradley[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] if a boy, which would have been our moms name if she had been a boy)
Bradl3y W@yne (first would have been moms name if she were a boy, middle was the only one my dad would agree too after going through every name in two separate baby name books)(would have been [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] if a girl, [name_f]Grace[/name_f] for two different aunts named [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] for a great-aunt Emaly)
L@ndon Th0mas (first is from moms favourite book series, middle is a multi-used family name on both sides)(would have been [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Liza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] for one of moms friends and [name_f]Liza[/name_f] from some book mom liked at the time)

So their “style” was pretty non-existent and all over the place. We also have an older half brother who is dads [name_m]Jr[/name_m]. and three adopted siblings that came with names, but I didn’t include them as my parents didn’t name them together.

1 Like

Some others my mum said she liked and has liked since:

[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

as for boys, I can only remember her mentioning 1) my brother’s name 2) my brother’s middle 2) [name_m]Gray[/name_m] / [name_m]Grayson[/name_m], which is too close to my name :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t think my parents ever considered more children; they kind of just named them as they came up (and I’m one of 6- they had enough! Lol)

But some names they tossed around but didn’t use were [name_f]Skylar[/name_f], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] for boys, and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] was a favorite girl name. [name_f]My[/name_f] stepdad pushed pretty hard for [name_f]Topanga[/name_f] for my youngest sister (my mom adamantly denied), and they both loved [name_f]Piper[/name_f] but it did not work with their last name.

1 Like

they’d probably name more kids charlotte grace (double first name, no middle), alexander ‘sasha’, thomas, arabella, beatrice or poppy. these were all names they considered for my brothers and i! :sunflower:

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom has very strong name association, so I know more names she wouldn’t have used than ones she would have

That being said, she always said if she had a 3rd child she thought it would have been a girl. She would have named her [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and have probably given her 1 middle name but I’m not sure what

1 Like

I don’t know, but if my mom could name me and my sister without any other input, we would be Malvika and [name_f]Divya[/name_f]. (our real names are wildly different lol)

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] asked my mom and she said she already used her favourite boy names for my brother, but she would have named another sister oda-mae or jezebel. I’m glad I asked her, so thanks for the question idea! :smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I used to have an imaginary brother, [name_m]Peter[/name_m], because that was my parents’ boy name! Another child was never on the agenda (two was more than they planned on having :joy:) but my dad’s favourite girl names are [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f], and my mum’s are [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. I think out of those, [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] would have been the one they most likely agreed on!

1 Like

[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] was the only boy name they had.

Sisters might have been:
[name_f]Dolores[/name_f]
[name_f]Sierra[/name_f]
[name_f]Melinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom tended to go for names you’d hear on the playground in each of our birth years, so based around my youngest sibling’s birth year and also on some comments my mother made in the past, I’d guess:

[name_m]Dylan[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Logan[/name_m]
[name_m]Noah[/name_m]
[name_m]Colby[/name_m]

[name_f]Ashley[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Brianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Shelby[/name_f]

1 Like

Some names my mom said she really likes [name_f]Avery[/name_f] for a girl, and wishes she had heard of it when she was having kids, so probably Avery!!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents always talked about [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] or [name_m]Brendan[/name_m] as names they would’ve used for boys.

I don’t know what they would have realistically named more sisters; apparently my dad liked [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] and [name_f]Judith[/name_f], but my mum vetoed those.

1 Like

along with hannah and jack, my parents considered samuel, georgia, and beau :sun_with_face:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents’ boy “names that got away” were [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]. They had such a hard time naming my three youngest sisters, I don’t know what they’d have named another girl! They had picked [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] for a girl when my middle brother was born, but as they later used [name_f]Anna[/name_f], I’m pretty sure [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] was off the table by the end.

1 Like

my parents didn’t even want four, they only wanted two! :laughing: however they would have been…

emilia georgina (me)
osc@r m!chael j0hn
augu$t alb3rt j0hn
l!lia bl00m
ethan edward john
sofia olive

1 Like

I think my parents would have chosen [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Andrea[/name_f] “Andy,” or [name_f]Marlo[/name_f]!

1 Like