What you thought your kids would look like vs. what they actually look like! šŸŒ·

I have dark hair and eyes and an olive complexion. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has dark hair now but had blond hair as a kid and his eyes are green and heā€™s very pale. We have 3 kids. The first has dark hair like my husbandā€™s, green eyes, and pale skin. Heā€™s very much a ā€œgood mixā€ of our features. The second has blond hair blue eyes and a very golden complexion. She looks pretty much just like me with a different coloring. Our third has dark green/brown eyes, blond hair (for now, heā€™s 19 months) and a pale complexion. He looks like a mix of my dad and my husband. He looks the most like my husband of any of them. Weā€™re having another in Oct. so itā€™ll be interesting to see what genetic combination they get. Lol. I couldnā€™t have predicted what any of them would look like!

2 Likes

Lol, thatā€™s so cool! I bet all of your children really stand out (in a good way) haha. Iā€™m also really curious to know what coloring your 4th baby will have!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband has [name_u]Sandy[/name_u] brown hair that was dirty blonde as a child with hazel eyes and I have auburn hair that was very red as a child and light green eyes. [name_f]My[/name_f] one twin has dark curly brown hair and dark green eyes with my husbandā€™s more olive skin and my other twin is strawberry blonde/white blonde ( he is still kind of bald at almost 2 :joy:) with these sky blue eyes and the palest skin ever. I actually asked his pediatrician at one point if he was albino because of his hair and complexion at birth.

I expected blonde and red hair but my sonā€™s hair is so much lighter than I imagined. I also never expected my daughter to have such dark hair ( it was literally black at birth) as we both started with lighter hair as kids. I also expected even though they are fraternal twins for them to look more alike.

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] idea of what my daughter would look like was much different than how she was born! We both pictured a pale, blonde, mostly bald baby that was a little chunky (we basically pictured me as a baby haha). She came out skinny with a full head of dark hair that she never lost and a medium skin tone for a white baby, so we were shocked! She also didnā€™t really look like either of us! We knew what her name would be even before I was pregnant, so our expectations of what she would look like played into how we associated her name with her. When she was born, it was hard to feel like she was the same baby with the same name we had chosen. We ended up calling her the nickname ā€œBabyā€ far more than her actual name for the first few weeks, and we had to consciously choose to say her actual name. It was strange haha. We still call her [name_u]Baby[/name_u] a lot, but she fits her actual name too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have actually had prophetic dreams of what my children would look like, including genders and I am hoping this third pregnancy is no different. I get signs/messages in my dreams often.
So I have dark thick curly hair and brown eyes. Iā€™d have thought they were the stronger/dominant genes there but nope! [name_f]My[/name_f] eldest has blonde hair green eyes, my youngest has golden/blonde hair and blue eyes. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is blonde and green eyed.
Itā€™ll be interesting to see if our third baby takes after me this time. :joy:

3 Likes