What's a name that you should like but you don't?

Two names that come to mind for me are [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. I feel like these names have a lot going for them, but for some reason I can’t bring myself to add it to my list.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is exactly my style but…. nope. Ditto [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

1 Like

I was just going to make a thread like this!

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is a name I should like, but I don’t. It fits all my other names, but I just can’t like it.

1 Like

[name_m]Tomas[/name_m] is one - I usually prefer the streamlined spelling of names, but I just can’t like this one more than [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! And for the girls definitely [name_f]Adela[/name_f] / [name_f]Adéla[/name_f]. I love easy to spell/pronounce international names, but she just doesn’t really sparkle for me!

I’m with @Mary_Rose in relation to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] I should love her she has that lilting L sound that I am attracted to. Is she short and sweet I tend to gravitate towards a lot of short names like [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] along with a lovely meaning but just cannot get on board. All I hear is loose :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I think righty tighty lefty loosey!! Makes me think of my mum haha

1 Like

Completely!!

I feel like I should like [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], since I like names with similar sounds (Isaiah, [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Eliot[/name_m], etc.) but it just gives me the ick for no reason whatsoever.

Usually I love classic names the [name_f]British[/name_f] royals use. But I hate the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. It’s the [name_f]Liza[/name_f] part that just reminds me of lizards, which I find gross. Sorry to any [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] out there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have so many of these lol.
Some that come to mind are…
[name_m]Sullivan[/name_m] - I see it quite often but i really hate the ‘sull’ sound and I just think of monsters inc.
Vivienne/Vivian etc. - I usually love names with v’s, but i’ve just never liked these, I don’t know why.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] - again I see it a lot on his forum, and it might be a british thing but to me it’s so dated and the sounds are just really unappealling to me.
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - I usually love frilly feminine names with sounds similar to [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], but i’ve never quite go the hype for it.
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] - I love greek names, and have very similar names like [name_f]Calypso[/name_f] on my list, but i’ve never liked this one.
[name_f]Waverly[/name_f] - just sounds made up despite the fact it was all the sounds I like.
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - again, just doesn’t sound appealing which is a shame as it would be a great way to get to the nickname [name_f]Eve[/name_f] which I love.

1 Like

Hmm. I would have to say [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. It fits the long, romantic vibe that I’ve been loving lately, but I can’t get past the “nast” part. It reminds me of nasty. :joy:

I feel like I should like the name [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. It’s got the [name_f]Ro[/name_f]- sound that I love and the gentle-but-rugged vibe I enjoy. It’s similar in sound to other names I like such as [name_f]Romy[/name_f], [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], [name_m]Bowen[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_m]Roscoe[/name_m] etc but there’s something I just don’t get about the name. Maybe because it feels descriptive, maybe because we still talk/learn about [name_m]Roman[/name_m] times, I don’t know, but I just can’t get on board with it (for my list)

Names I really should love, but don’t:
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Phoenix[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_m]Aidan[/name_m]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

1 Like

This is uncanny, I pretty much agree with all of the names here.

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] :sob::sob:

I should love it and I adore the character in Much [name_f]Ado[/name_f] about Nothing but all I see is “beat rice” and for some reason have this really disgusting image of someone trying to whip (like play whip, not do serious damage lol) someone with a swollen, overcooked spaghetti noodle—it’s soggy and sticky and just so unappealing lol. Really like the related [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and Beatriu though, and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is so sweetly, primly [name_f]British[/name_f].

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - I love vintage names and I love nature names, but this just irks me for some unknown reason

2 Likes

I love longer classic names, but some I don’t like:

Girls - [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Annabella[/name_f]

Boys - [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Evan[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

[name_f]Sutton[/name_f]
[name_m]Haddon[/name_m]
[name_m]Trenton[/name_m]

Any name that could end in a vague slurred nnnn sound.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] for a boy. There is no logical reason why I’m not fond of these names when so many others are, I simply don’t like the way they sound. Weird, I know haha.

I can never find it in me to like Celeste, which is a shame because I think it has such a pretty sound. I also don’t like Louisa because of the wheeze sound which is strange because I like Eloise.