Whats Better? (Or Worse)

Hmm [name]Ive[/name] noticed mostly with celebrities, but now as well some friends, wanting to give there child a “normal” middle name, to go with the more offbeat first choice (think [name]Sparrow[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Midnight[/name]), but alot of people think the “normal” name is too out of place ([name]James[/name], in this case.) so Im just wondering… which is worse, a unqiue/made-up name with an out of place MN a la [name]Madden[/name] children, OR just a made-up name all together a la Wentz baby. (Would his name be any better/worse if a [name]Pete[/name] or [name]James[/name] seperated [name]Bronx[/name] & [name]Mowgli[/name]???)

[name]Just[/name] curious, sometimes it seems when it comes to baby names celebs are damned if they do, damned if they dont.

:slight_smile:

I think it’s better giving them one normal middle name because when they grow up and and get sick of being called [name]Sparrow[/name] or [name]Bronx[/name] they can always use that instead. It’s kinda like a back-up.

I don’t think that [name]Pete[/name] or [name]James[/name] separating [name]Bronx[/name] and [name]Mowgli[/name] would have been an improvement (like those who find [name]James[/name] out of place in [name]Sparrow[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] combination). But I think that [name]Bronx[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Peter[/name] [name]Mowgli[/name] might have been better accepted.

I don’t think it’s so much the use of an “ordinary” name, but the quality of the offbeat name that it’s paired with that leads to the problem. [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounds cute because [name]Harlow[/name] is a nice name. [name]Sparrow[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] is a naming failure on many levels - not least of which is the matchiness of [name]Sparrow[/name] and [name]Harlow[/name] - and so the [name]James[/name] compounds the badness. Nothing was going to save [name]Bronx[/name] [name]Mowgli[/name].

Or give the kid a normal name - [name]James[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name] for example - for the first name and the wacked out ones as middle names.

Too true!! I mean, if [name]Brooklyn[/name] was overused, they could have gone with Queens or Manhattan as New [name]York[/name] City naming conventions (of course the Manhattans might have also led to his conception…hmm)