What's my style???

I was just curious about what my style of names are. I’m not good at pairing up styles or anything like that, so I wanted to try and figure out my style (and my husband’s if possible.) So anyone who knows anything about styles, please help!
[name]TIA[/name]!

Names I have liked -
[name]Cailyn[/name]
Cailtyn
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]
[name]Seneca[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Ashlyn[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Briella[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]

Names he likes are:
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Shayla[/name]
[name]Anissa[/name]
Ciana
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Margie[/name]
[name]Cali[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]

[name]Raquel[/name], I’d say your style is definitely feminine, with a hint of trendy and an eye for the somewhat unique. Some of your choices - [name]Cailyn[/name], [name]Leighton[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Seneca[/name], and [name]Cadence[/name] - do not fit this category, as they are not particularly feminine. Names like [name]Alanna[/name], [name]Sariah[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Eliana[/name], in particular, seem to be best suited to this style. I choose these names rather than [name]Caitlin[/name] ([name]Caitlyn[/name]), [name]Juliana[/name], and [name]Briella[/name] (so close to [name]Gabriella[/name]) because the latter are rather popular. You also seem to like some more classic, elegant names - [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name]. However, overall, your style is definitely feminine, flirty, spunky, fun, and original.

Your husband, on the other hand, looks for safe, tried-and-true favorites of the nineties and early 2000s, while still appealing to the more trendy side of naming. Names such as [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Summer[/name] - both characters on The O.C. - [name]Shayla[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name], [name]Margie[/name], [name]Cali[/name], and [name]Jessica[/name] fit into this more dated, not overtly feminine category. Names like [name]Ella[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], and, to some extent, [name]Leila[/name] fit into the trendy category, with soft, girly sounds and pretty, Spanish feels. However, names like [name]Anissa[/name] and Ciana are shockers on your husband’s list because they are so unusual - then again, they look rather made-up (especially Ciana), so perhaps they do fit his trendy style. [name]Anastasia[/name] seems too feminine for him, and [name]Cadence[/name] sticks out like a sore thumb - vintage, distinctly un-feminine, and with a hard sound. Overall, he seems to look for trendy, well-known names that sound young and fun.

[name]Lemon[/name] - you know. I was just thinking I don’t think I ever got your real name. What is it, if you don’t mind?

Thank you. You put a lot of info and thought into that!

Yeah - the Ciana thing… he heard it on tv the other day, right after he said we could take [name]Sienna[/name] off the list. Go figure! Once I pointed that out he said nevermind about Ciana. lol

Yeah, I wasn’t sure what that Ciana thing was - [name]Sienna[/name] or Keana? I really do enjoy hearing the names your husband comes up with!

Oh, and my name is [name]Lauren[/name]. [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Elyse[/name]. Pretty basic :wink:

Yeah - See-ana. So a combo of both maybe??? I know he’s funny.

[name]Lauren[/name] [name]Elyse[/name] is pretty! I actually had [name]Lauren[/name] on my short list, but hubby knocked it off.

No, [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Elyse[/name] is a fine name, but I’ve never thought it fits particularly well with my siblings’ names ([name]Sarah[/name] [name]Price[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]), and it is rather indicative of my generation. Oh well!

I’m off for a bit, but I’ll check back later. Maybe someone else will provide us with some insight into your naming style! :slight_smile:

Well, it’s not completely off from your brother and sister. You could have been named Chartreuse or [name]Starlet[/name] or something completely odd! lol

Oh, gosh! [name]Don[/name]'t even suggest that! My mother did want to name me [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Simone[/name]…

My grandma suggested [name]Cara[/name] [name]Irene[/name], after her name ([name]Irene[/name]). Now, if my mother had taken this suggestion, my twin sister and I would have been [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name]. Thanks for not listening to Granny, mom!

Lol - [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] - wasn’t that sort of the ‘in’ thing back then? Having matchy-matchy names with siblings? I don’t know…

I only have one brother - his name is I guess in the style of mine - [name]Brett[/name] - more unusual for our generation.