What's your favorite full name for nn Beau?

What is your favorite full name for nn [name_u]Beau[/name_u]?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_u]Bo[/name_u] or [name_u]Beau[/name_u] or a different spelling?
[name_f]Any[/name_f] other comments or opinions on nn [name_u]Beau[/name_u]?

(Please no “just name him [name_u]Beau[/name_u]” comments because using nicknames for given names is my biggest pet peeve)

Frankly, my favorite full name for [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f], nn [name_u]Beau[/name_u], but I assume you were asking about boys!

Obviously [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] is the traditional choice. I think you could also get away with [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as short for [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], although it’s a stretch! Maybe also [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], [name_m]Booker[/name_m], [name_m]Bolton[/name_m], or [name_m]Bowie[/name_m]?

I prefer [name_u]Beau[/name_u] to [name_u]Bo[/name_u], [name_m]Bow[/name_m] is probably my favorite though!

Well, I have to peeve you, sorry. I feel that [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is a full name. I like it more than any longer names beginning with [name_u]Beau[/name_u].

What do you think of using a name with the long O sound that does not start with a B? For example: [name_u]Logan[/name_u] nn [name_m]Boe[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Boe[/name_m], [name_m]Bow[/name_m], [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u] in that order.

I do like [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] for nn [name_m]Boe[/name_m]

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Boden[/name_m]
Bonan
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowman[/name_m]
Beaumont
Bosa
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]

I think [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is much nicer than [name_u]Bo[/name_u] for spelling. [name_u]Bo[/name_u] always seems a little lazy to me. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] sounds like a name.

I have no ideas as to long versions, I am afraid, as I am one of those peevey people, who thinks it is a lovely name in itself :stuck_out_tongue:

I love [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m].

I prefer the look of [name_u]Beau[/name_u] but i feel [name_u]Bo[/name_u] would work better for a nickname to most names.

Personally love [name_u]Beau[/name_u] on its own, but Beaumont would be my pick.

I don’t know if any Brits do this now, but might [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] become a common name eventually given the musician’s recent death? I would use that as a full name for [name_u]Beau[/name_u]. Oh wait, do the British pronounce it differently than Americans? In [name_u]America[/name_u], the majority of us say it like “[name_m]BOW[/name_m] (like a ribbon that’s been tied up) - ee.” If I’m mispronouncing that, I’m sure a die-hard [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] fan would probably get upset with me.

I am just like you with this! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u] but struggle with a more formal name which I would want him to have. It’s such a great name!

I like [name_m]Boden[/name_m] and [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] for [name_m]Bow[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this idea!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about these…

Beaudan
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
Beauley
Beaumont
Beaufort
Beauford
[name_m]Boden[/name_m]
Boderick
[name_f]Boheme[/name_f]
Bosen
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_m]Bonaventura[/name_m]
[name_f]Rainbeau[/name_f]

Or, pick something like [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] / [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] if you’re not embarrassed by [name_u]BO[/name_u] as initials.

The only name I really like with the name [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is Beauden, which happens to be a rugby player here in NZ.

Other names with [name_u]Beau[/name_u]/[name_u]Bo[/name_u]

[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Boston[/name_m]
Beaumont

Currently reading a story on this app called Wattpad and the main character is BeauWolfe. Which I’m seriously crushing on a lot. Other than that I really only like [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f].

I sympathize with wanting a full sized first name. Some of my favorites are [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], and [name_m]Ian[/name_m]. They are so short, they seem unfinished. Unfortunately, trying to turn them into something longer produces the same clunker that caused them to be shortened in the first place!

My best suggestion is to use [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as the middle name and use an honor name as the first name. Then simply call the boy by his middle name. I have relatives where the man has been called by the middle name for several generations. It’s only with the recent generation that the mother said… I want to name him what he’s going to be called! It went like…[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] was called [name_m]Pete[/name_m]. His son was named [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] and called [name_m]Dave[/name_m]. [name_m]Dave[/name_m]'s son was named [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] and called [name_m]Johnny[/name_m]. [name_m]Johnny[/name_m]'s wife said No more of this. We want to call him [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], we’ll name him [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m].

I guess you could say the pet peeve in my family is the avoidance of using [name_m]Junior[/name_m]!!

Well… [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is not just a nickname. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is actually a french word for handsome/masculine of the word “beauty”. So the name [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is actually very classic and is a full name. Beaumont or [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] are the only two names I can think of actually with the word [name_u]Beau[/name_u] in it… other names like Bonan, [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], the nn would be [name_u]Bo[/name_u] or [name_m]Bow[/name_m] in my opinion

I am leaning towards [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] or Beaudry. I think the spelling of the nickname would depend on the full name you decide on.

I named one of my twin boys Beauden, with [name_u]Beau[/name_u] or Beaudie as nn’s

I’m a [name_u]Brit[/name_u] and that is the correct pronunciation: “BOEW-ee”. Lots of people do say “BOUGH-ee”, but that’s not the way he said it. I do think the name is likely to trend upwards a little now, but not a lot. It feels quite trendy and informal, much as I love [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m].

Anyway, I like [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as a full name (sorry!) but I’m not a fan of most of the most logical longer forms like [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m], Beaumont, [name_m]Boden[/name_m], etc. I do quite like [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] though.

I really like the more convoluted suggestions of [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (or [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]) or [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], though probably just because I love those names! Someone once suggested [name_u]Bo[/name_u] to me as a nickname for [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m], which I also adore. Or maybe Bartholomeo/[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m] to make it a tiny bit more intuitive?

Another idea is to find a name that ends with -bo:

[name_m]Columbo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ebo[/name_m]
[name_m]Giacobo[/name_m]
Gustabo
[name_m]Jimbo[/name_m]
[name_m]Kubo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rambo[/name_m]

I agree. It is a full name on its own.